Anna University - TNEA 2012 Counselling GUIDANCE |
V+ Team Owner
Department : B.E EEE
- Enter the Anna University Chennai premises with a Demand Draft drawn in favour of "The Secretary (TNEA), Anna University Chennai" Payable at Chennai or cash for Rs. 5,000 (Rs. 1,000 for SC/ST candidates). Approach any of the bank counters, produce the DD or pay cash and get a counselling form.
- Be ready to enter the hall 1 hour before the appointed time. It is better that the outstation candidates who have appointment time in the forenoon, to reach Chennai in the previous day itself to avoid any unforeseen delay in travel.
- Look up the display boards kept at vantage points to know the vacancy position college wise and course wise at that point in time according to the OC / BC / BCM / MBC / SC / SCA / ST categories. Continuous announcements will be made regarding entry time.
- As you enter the hall, register your name. Each session will have 400 students attending the counselling.
- Candidates will be told to arrange certificates in a particular order.
Then verification of details takes place. If there is any discrepancy the candidate is turned away.
- Candidates then enter the actual hall where there are 60 terminals for counselling, each with a counsellor to guide the students through the process.
- The person with the highest rank gets the first chance to exercise his option. Check if all relevant details regarding name, number, etc., are correct.
- The counsellor asks the candidate the college and course of his choice, which is fed into the system.
- The position is seen by the candidate - college wise, course wise and community wise.
- Seeing the position he can give three options to start with.
- He is very likely to get one of the three options. In a rare case of not being able to get in any of the three, then he can go for another three options.
- Once he gets the course and college of his choice, an admission order is made out in his name.
- Once the candidate signs the order, the admission is finalised.
- Once allotted a seat the amount Rs.5,000/- (Rs.1000/- in case of SC/ST candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu) already paid at the time of counselling will be adjusted towards the tuition fee. If a candidate does not join after allocation he/she has to forfeit the initial amount paid. Fee payment can be made at the venue, at a bank, or at the college during time of admission.
|11-05-2012 10:36 AM