Digital Logic Circuits (DLC)
EE46:Digital Logic Circuits
EC1261A Digital Logic Circuits
080280029:Digital Logic Circuits
131405:Digital Logic Circuits
10133EE406A:Digital Logic Circuits
1. Obtain the minimum SOP using Quine McCluskey’s method and verify using K – Map.
F = m0 + m2 + m4 + m8 + m9 + m10 + m11+ m12 + m13
2. Determine the prime implicants of the following function using tabulation method and verify using K –Map. F = (A,B,C,D) = ∑ (3,4,5,7,9,13,14,15)
3. Design a Binary to BCD code converter and BCD to Excess -3 code converter.
4. Reduce the given expressions using Boolean algebra:
(1) x’y’z’ + x’y’z + x’yz + xy’z + xyz
(2) p’q’r + p’qr’ + p’qr + pqr’ + pq’r’
5. Design a decimal adder to add two decimal digits.
1. Design a asynchronous decade counter using JK flipflop.
2. Design a 8 X1 Mux using 2 X1 multiplexers.
3. Design a synchronous counter using JK flipflop in the sequence 7,4,3,1,5,0,7….
4. Draw and explain the block diagram of Mealy circuit
5. Design a MOD -5 synchronous counter using JK flip-flops .Draw a timing diagram.
6. Design a 2 bit Magnitude Comparator.
1. Describe the steps involved in design of asynchronous sequential circuit in detail with an example.
2. Explain the working of a 3 – input TTL totem-pole NAND gate.
3. Explain the concept and implementation of ECL logic family.
4. Explain In detail about FPGA.
5. A combinational circuit is defined by the functions .
F1 (A,B,C ) =∑ (3,5,6,7)
F2 (A,B,C ) =∑ (0,2,4,7).Implement the circuit with PLA
1. Design an asynchronous sequential circuit that has two inputs X2 and X1 and one output Z. When
X1 = 0, that output Z is 0. The first change in X2 that occurs while X1 is 1 will cause output Z to be 1. The output Z will remain 1 until X1 returns to 0.
2. An asynchronous sequential circuit has two internal states and one output. The excitation and
output functions describing the circuit are
Y1 = x1x2 + x1 y’2 + x’2y1
Y2 = x2 + x1 y’1y2 + x’1y1
Z = x2 + y1
a) Draw the logic diagram of the circuit.
b) Derive the transition table and output map.
c) Obtain a flow table for the circuit.
3. The Circuit has two inputs T (toggle) and C (clock) and one output Q. The output state is complemented if T=1 and clock C changes from 1 to 0 otherwise, under any other input condition, the output Q remains unchanged. Derive the primitive flow table and implication table and the logic diagram.
4. Draw the State diagram and obtain the primitive flow table for a circuit with two inputs X1 and X2 and two outputs Z1 and Z2 that satisfies the following conditions.
1) When X1 X2 =00, output Z1 Z2 =00.
2) When X1 = 1 and X2 change from 0 to 1, the output Z1 Z2 =01.
3) When X2 = 1 and X1 change from 0 to 1, output Z1 Z2 =10.
4) Otherwise output does not change.
5. Implement the following Boolean functions with a PLA.
F1 (A, B, C) = ∑ (0, 1, 2, 4)
F2 (A, B, C) = ∑ (0, 5, 6, 7)
F3 (A, B, C) = ∑ (0, 3, 5, 7)
1. Write VHDL program for 4x1 multiplexer.
2. Explain in detail the design procedure for register transfer language.
3. Write an HDL behavioral description of JK flip-flop using if-else statement based on the value of present state.
4. Write VHDL program for 4-bit ripple counter.
5. Explain the design procedure of RTL using VHDL