There are all objective questions with multiple choices.
Important Note :
It is important to note for all the aspirants of GATE 2013 that wrong answers carry negative marking.
Eligibility for GATE Exam 2014:-
- Bachelor's degree holders in Engineering/Technology/Architecture (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.
- Master's degree holders in any branch of Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.
- Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master's degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology or in the third or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master's degree programme and Dual Degree programme in Engineering/Technology.
- Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by IE(I), AMICE(I) by the Institute of Civil Engineers (India)-ICE(I)) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
Exam Zones Details :
GATE 2014 is conducted through the constitution of eight zones. The zones and the corresponding administrative institutes are:
Zone-1: Indian Institute of Science Bangalore
Zone-2: Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
Zone-3: Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
Zone-4: Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati
Zone-5: Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
Zone-6: Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
Zone-7: Indian Institute of Technology Madras
Zone-8: Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee
is going to be conducted in 21 different streams which are 1) Civil Engineering,
2) Mechanical Engineering,
3) Chemical Engineering,
4) Electronics and Communications Engineering,
5) Aerospace Engineering,
6) Agricultural Engineering,
7) Computer Science and Engineering,
8) Electrical Engineering,
9) Pharmaceutical Sciences,
10) Instrumentation Engineering,
11) Architecture and Planning,
12) Geology and Geophysics,
14) Mining Engineering,
15) Metallurgical Engineering,
16) Production and Industrial Engineering,
17) Textile Engineering and Fiber Science,
20) Engineering Sciences and Life Science.