As every one would be preparing for univ lab, I am writing this to get a speed review of each expt in Analog lab, so it would be easier to read experiment and do well in the lab.
A review of doing experiments in Analog lab...........
(for CE, CC, CS Class A pwr amp, casade, cascode amp)
1) Connect the components as per the circuit diagram.
2) Check whether CRO and AFO is working properly.
3) Connect the Vcc and other connections to the circuit.
4) Check the input and output signal(compulsorily for CE amplifier).
5) Vary the frequency of the input signal and check the gain. Gain has to match with the features of the amplifier(high or low) and frequency response graph.
6) Note down the values in the tabular column and plot the graph.
HWR and FWR
1) Know the diff between HWR and FWR in terms of ckt diagram(transformer connection, Diode position, input and output wave forms, ripple factor formulas..............)
2) Connect as per the circuit diagram.
3) Note the waveform which should match with the expected waveform.
4) Note down the time period and also the amplitude and draw the waveforms and find the ripple factor.
Class B power amplifier
This expt is little bit diff form other and also easier when compared to other.
1) Connect the circuit and give a proper sine wave as input.
2) see the output wave form is a proper sine wave with small blanks in between(cross over distortion).Note down time period(gap and pulse) and amplitude
3) connect the diodes without disturbing the circuits and see that the cross over distortion is eliminated and a pure sine wave is obtained.
So know what is meant by cross over distortion, methods to eliminate it. Mainly know how to note down values.
We use two transistors for this experiment and the diodes to avoid the cross over distortion
1) This ckt is easy to do.
2) In this we will do two modes(common and Differential. In Diff mode we supply input only to the one diode and other will grounded and we vary the input frequency to plot the frequency response graph of gain.
3) In common mode we give supply to both the inputs and just note the gain at 1000Hz.
4) We find the CMRR using the Ad / Ac formula both at 1000Hz.
1) Strictly dont bring any valuables like laptop, mobile phones to college during exam days(incl univ theory exam).
2) come in a proper dress code and dont bring pouches, wallets inside the lab. (give it to your friends, dont keep it in your bag or class).
3) Read the question twice or thrice and act do to the question as question may be indirect.
4) Dont talk with your neighbour friends inside the lab even to share any stationary.
5) Bring all the stationary needed and if u have any problem inside the lab contact the staff inside and avoid discussions.
I hope this is very helpful for you.
All the best.
Note: Share this info on FB and Watsup