Anna University Criteria to get First Class with Distinction ,First Class n 2nd Class

Anna University Logo
Anna University , Chennai
Criteria to get First Class with Distinction , First Class and Second Class

15.2.1 FIRST CLASS WITH DISTINCTION: 

The candidates satisfying the following conditions shall be declared to have passed the examinations in first class with distinction. 
(i). A candidate who qualifies for the award of the Degree having passed the examination in all the courses of all the eight semesters within four consecutive years (Eight consecutive semesters) of study in first appearance. 

(ii). The candidate should have secured a CGPA of not less than 8.50 in all the courses prescribed from first semester to eight semesters.

However, for the purpose of classification under clause 15.2.1 (i) &(ii), the authorized withdrawal from appearing for the examination in any one semester in any course or  courses in that semester (vide clause 16) will not be construed as an appearance. 

15.2.2 FIRST CLASS: 
The candidates satisfying the following conditions shall be declared to have passed the examinations in first class: 
(i).  A candidate who qualifies for the award of the Degree having passed the examination in all the courses of all the eight semesters within a maximum period of five consecutive years (Ten consecutive semesters) reckoned from the commencement of study in the first semester including authorized Break of Study. 
(ii). The candidate should have secured a CGPA of not less than 6.50 in all the courses prescribed for first semester to eight semesters. 

Others will be second class.
New Share your Study Materials with us : Click Here
@Srini
I have a big doubt... if i want to get distinction, i must score a GPA of above 8.5 in all 8 semester's? because, i have GPA of 8.45 and 8.17 in 4th and 5th sem, but my CGPA till 5th sem is 8.81 ..
so if i maintain CGPA of above 8.5, i will be awarded distinction or I can avail only first class as i scored GPA below 8.5 ?? please clarify my doubt..
Somesh - V+ Team Junior Moderator - Want for other subjects also? Arrow CLICK HERE
Ya bro, you will get First Class with distinction... You should have CGPA above 8.5 after completing all 8 semester.. GPA of each semester is not considered.. Only CGPA is important... All the Best bro..
New Share your Study Materials with us : Click Here

Anna University Criteria to get First Class with Distinction ,First Class n 2nd Class