Anna University - Permitting Students to Complete the Arrear Courses - Nov 2016 Notification

Anna University Logo
Anna University , Chennai
Office of the Controller of Examination
Notification - Permitting Students to Complete the Arrear Courses those who have Exceeded the Maximum Period for the Completion of the Programme

NOTIFICATION :
THE STUDENTS OF THE UNIVERSITY DEPARTMENTS I AUTONOMOUS INSTITUTIONS I AFFILIATED INSTITUTIONS WHO HAVE BEEN ADMITTED TO UG (FT/PT) AND PG (FTIPT) UNDER VARIOUS REGULATIONS PERMITTING THEM TO COMPLETE THE ARREAR COURSES AS THEY HAVE EXCEEDED THE MAXIMUM PERIOD FOR THE COMPLETION OF THE PROGRAMME.

PREAMBLE 
A set of students who have been admitted to UG (Full-Time/Part-Time) and PC (Full-Time/Part-Time) programmes in University Departments I Autonomous Institutions I Affiliated Colleges under Anna University have represented that, they have completed all the semesters prescribed for the course, but they could not complete the arrear courses and they have exceeded the maximum period for completion of the programme as per the regulations.

The students who have not completed their arrears still have again represented that they were unable to complete the arrear course within the grace period given
and have requested for further extension of time.

Based on the representation received from the students from the University Departments / Autonomous Institutions / Affiliated Institutions for UC (Full-Time I Part-Time) and PG (Full-Time I Part-Time), the students permitted are listed below:
The extension of time to the following categories of students - who have already exceeded the maximum stipulated period of study - to appear for Arrear Examinations.

Category 1 :
Students of University Departments of Anna University, Chennai admitted in the Academic Year 2000 onwards (both UG & PG under Full-Time and Part-Time Mode).

Category 2 :
Students of Affiliated Colleges of Anna University and students admitted in the affiliated colleges at the time of admission (i.e.) during Academic Year 2001 (3rd Semester onwards) & 2002 (1st Semester onwards) and currently in Autonomous mode.

This provision is available only for the
(i) UG students who got admitted earlier than & upto the Academic Year 2009 -10.
(ii) PG students who got admitted earlier than & upto the Academic Year 2012 - 13 for forthcoming two semester examinations scheduled to be held in Nov./Dec. 2016 & AprillMay 2017.
Henceforth, any extension of time beyond the maximum period of study stipulated to the students shall be done only with the prior approval of the Syndicate.
A Re-admission fee of Rs. 5,000/- be collected from each of the student for appearing arrear examination in addition to be collected of the existing regular examination fee.

For further details, the candidates of Affiliated Institutions are requested to contact the Controller of Examinations, Anna University, Chennai.
The candidates of University Departments are requested to contact the Additional Controller of Examinations, Anna University, Chennai.
The candidates of Autonomous Institutions are requested to contact the Principal I Controller of Examinations of the Autonomous Institutions.

Attachment
.pdf   exam_notification_2016.pdf (Size: 643.97 KB / Downloads: 2,003)
New Share your Study Materials with us : Click Here