Question Paper Code: 91367
B.E. / B.Tech DEGREE EXAMINATION, NOVEMBER / DECEMBER 2014.
CY2111/CY 141080010001- ENGINEERING CHEMISTRY-I
(Common to all branches except Marine Engineering)
(Regulation 2008)Time: Three hours
Maximum: 100 mark
Answer All questions.
PART A - (10 x 2 = 20 marks)
J. What do you mean by hardness of water?
2. Why NH3-NH4CIbuffer solution is added during determination of hardness of water by EDTA titration?
3. Write the repeating units for PVC and Teflon.
4. What are the important constituentsof a composite?
5. . Define the term adsorbent and adsorbate giving suitable examples.
6. What is an adsorption isotherm?
7. Distinguish between nuclear fission and nuclear fusion.
8. How Ni-Cd- battery is constructed?
9. Name any four solid lubricants.
10. List out the differences between acid and basic refractory.
Full Name :Arumugam.P
College Name :SNS COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY
Department :Ist year (Common to all Branches)
Subject Code :CY2111
Subject Name :Engineering Chemistry-I
Study Material Description :QP
CY2111 Engg Chem 1 Nov Dec 2014 QP.pdf (Size: 139.79 KB / Downloads: 2,054)
aaru, proud to be a member of Vidyarthiplus.com (V+) - Online Students Community since Jan 2013.