Question Paper Code : 913791
B.E. / B.Tech. DEGREE EXAMINATION NOVEMBER / DECEMBER 2014
Electronics and Communication Engineering
EC 2035/EC 702110144· ECE 23 - CRYPTOGRAPHYAND NETWORK SECURITY
(Regulation 2008/2010)Time : Three hours
Maximum: 100 marks
Answer ALL questions,
PART A-(10 x 2 = 20 marks)
1. Differentiate between passive and active attacks.
2. What would be the transformation of a message "A successful teamis a group
of many hands but of one mind "using Rail Fence technique?
3. What is a trap-door one way function? .
4. Using Fermat's theorem, find 5301 mod U.
5. Distinguish between entity authentication and message authentication.
6. Explain weak collision proper~y of a hash function.
7. Why does anESP include a padding field?
8. What is a worm? What is the difference between a worm and a virus?
9. What is a threat? How it differs from Vulnerability?
10. List the different security management practices.
Full Name :Arumugam.P
College Name :SNS COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY
Subject Code :EC2035
Subject Name :CRYPTOGRAPHY AND NETWORK SECURITY
Study Material Description :QP
EC2035 CANS Nov Dec 2014 QP V+.pdf (Size: 141.25 KB / Downloads: 2,085)
aaru, proud to be a member of Vidyarthiplus.com (V+) - Online Students Community since Jan 2013.
|Possibly Related Threads...|
|EC2035 Cryptography and Network Security - Nov/Dec 2013 Question Paper (Scan)||SriNee||1||10,078||
28-04-2014, 12:58 PM
Last Post: V SIVA