16-11-2013, 10:01 AM
Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering
EC2051 Wireless Sensor Networks
1. State the deployment options for WSNs.
2. What is Data-Centric Network?
3. List out the different types of interaction pattern between sources and sinks in WSN.
4. Why multihop wireless communication is required for WSN?
5. Can ASIC be used in a Wireless Sensor Network?
6. Differentiate between active and passive sensors.
7. Give any four commercially available Radio Transceivers used in sensor nodes.
8. State the mathematical model of energy consumption during transmission & reception of a transceiver.
9. Mention the most relevant kinds of memory for sensor nodes from energy perspective.
10. Define Dynamic Modulation Scaling.
11. Define DVS.
12. List the factors that are essential for PHY design in WSNs.
13. Differentiate between contention based protocols and schedule based protocols.
14. What is geographic addressing?
15. What are Nested Queries?
16. What is a gateway?
17. State the fundamental tasks of Address Management in WSN.
18. Give the significance of uniqueness of addresses w.r.t WSN.
19. Briefly specify IEEE 802.15.4 MAC protocol.
20. Can the MAC protocols of 802.11 & Bluetooth be used for WSN? Justify.
1. a) (i) Discuss the characteristic requirements of WSN. (8)
(ii) Explain the innovative mechanisms to realize the characteristic requirements of WSN. (8)
(b) Discuss the potential applications of WSN. (16)
2. a) Explain the various challenges of wireless sensor networks. (16)
b) i) Briefly discuss about the applications of WSNs.
ii) Compare MANET and WSN.
3.(a) Discuss in detail the Transceiver characteristics and structure. (16)
(b) (i) Define the types of Sensors. (6)
(ii) Elaborate on the energy scavenging techniques for sensor nodes. (6)
(iii) Write about the operational states of a sensor node. (4)
4. (a) Write notes on
(i). Dynamic Energy and power management (6)
(ii). TinyOS and nesC (4)
(iii). Programming Models in WSN (6)
(b) Discuss in detail the design principles for WSN. (16)
5. a) Explain about energy consumption of sensor nodes in detail (16)
b) Write in detail about the communication device in a WSN. (16)
6.a)i) What are the different programming models and indicate which model is best suited for WSN?
ii) Write about the structure of OS and protocol stack in a WSN. (8+8)
b)i) Describe about optimization goals of a WSN and figures of merit in detail.
ii) What is WSN tunneling?
7. (a) (i) Explain the concept of Gateway with different scenarios in WSN. (8)
(ii) Explain the concepts of Mediation Device protocol. (8)
(b) (i) Elaborate on the requirements of MAC protocols for WSNs. (8)
(ii) Discuss the PAMAS protocol in detail. (8)
8.a)Explain the design approaches and performance of S-MAC protocol. (16)
b)i) Describe the Low Energy Adaptive Clustering Hierarchy.
ii) Explain the important classes of MAC protocols. (8+8)
9. (a)(i) Explain the concept of TRAMA protocol. (8)
(ii) Discuss the distributed assignment of network wide unique MAC address for WSN (8)
(b) (i) Elaborate on the concepts of Energy Efficient Unicast Routing Protocol. (8)
(ii)Discuss the basics of Position Based Routing Protocol for WSN. (8)
30. a)i) Discuss about content-based addressing in detail.
ii) Explain briefly the address assignment algorithm. (8+8)
b) Describe in detail about SMACS.
Share your Study Materials with us : Click Here