Question Paper Code : 91444
B.E. / B.Tech. DEGREE EXAMINATION, NOVEMBER / DECEMBER 2014
Electrical and Electronics Engineering
EE 2302/EE 52 / EE 1301 / 10133EE 505 - ELECTRICAL MACHINES - II
(Common to PTEE 2302/10133 EE 505 Electrical Machines II for B.E. (Part-Time) Fourth Semester Electrical and Electronics Engineering -Regulation 2009/2010)
Time: Three hours
Maximum: 100 marks
Answer ALL questions.
PART A - (10 x 2 = 20 marks)
1. What are the essential elements for generating emf in alternators?
2. Two reaction theoryis applied only to salient pole machines. State the reason.
3. What is meant by 'synchronous condenser'?
4. What could be the reasons if a 3-phase synchronous motor fails to start?
5. Define 'slip' of an induction motor.
6. What are the merits and demerits of double squirrel cage induction motors?
7. What type of protection is provided in the starter" meant for 3-phase induction motors?
8. While controlling the speed of an induction motor, how is super-synchronous speed achieved?
9. How is the direction of rotation of a single phase induction motor reversed?
10. What is the principle of reluctance motor
Full Name :Arumugam.P
College Name :SNS COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY
Subject Code :EE2302
Subject Name :ELECTRICAL MACHINES-II
Study Material Description :QP
EM 2 Nov Dec 2014 QP.pdf (Size: 196.16 KB / Downloads: 3,569)
aaru, proud to be a member of Vidyarthiplus.com (V+) - Online Students Community since Jan 2013.