09-11-2013, 10:12 PM
M.A.M COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING
- affiliate to Anna University, Chennai
Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
EE2401 / EE1401 Power System Operation and Control
Important Question with Answers
Semester : 7
Department : EEE
Subject Code : EE2401 / EE1401
Subject Name : Power System Operation and Control
Type : Important Questions with Answers
Edition Details : M.A.M Edition (Original Version)
Syllabus Regulation : 2008
Attachment Type : pdf
No. of. Pages : 7
Details : EE2401 Power System Operation and Control - Important Questions - Part A and B with Answers
Important Questions :
Unit 1 :
- What are the components of speed governor system of an alternator? Derive a transfer function and sketch a block diagram
- With neat sketch describe the P-F and Q-V control structure
- Briefly discuss the classification of loads and list out the important characteristics of various types of loads
- Problem (Load Curve)
PSOC Unit 1.pdf (Size: 166.46 KB / Downloads: 6,733)
Unit 2 :
- LOAD FREQUENCY CONTROL
- Draw the block diagram of LFC control of single area and derive the dynamic response
- Develop the block diagram model of uncontrolled two area load frequency control system and explain the salient features under static conditions
- INTERCONNECTED OPERATION
PSOC Unit 2.pdf (Size: 589.26 KB / Downloads: 7,186)
Unit 3 :
- Draw the circuit diagram for a typical excitation system and derive the transfer function model and draw the block diagram.
- Discuss generation and absorption of reactive power.
- Explain different types of static VAR compensators with a phasor diagram.
- Discuss about the various methods of voltage control.
- Derive the relations between voltage, power and reactive power at a node for applications in power system control
PSOC Unit 3.pdf (Size: 545.22 KB / Downloads: 6,653)
Unit 4 :
- Derive the coordination equation with losses neglected.
- Derive the coordination equation of an ‘n’ bus power system taking into account the effect of
- Derive the expression for base point and participation method.
- State the unit commitment problem. With the help of flowchart explain forward dynamic
programming solution method.
- Explain Priority list method using full Load average production cost. State the merits and
- Numerical problems in economic dispatch & unit commitment
PSOC Unit 4.pdf (Size: 539.52 KB / Downloads: 5,877)
- Briefly discuss the various functions of energy control centre
- Explain the different operating states of power system with state transition diagram.
- Explain the hardware components of SCADA with neat diagram and also mention the functions of it.
- Explain about power system security
- What is EMS? What are its major functions in power system operation and control?
PSOC Unit 5.pdf (Size: 341.47 KB / Downloads: 5,147)
All the Best..!!
Share your Study Materials with us : Click Here
|Possibly Related Threads...|
|EE2026 Power System Dynamics Important Questions - 2015 Edition||Srini||0||1,374||
11-12-2014, 09:41 AM
Last Post: Srini
|EE2403 Special Electrical Machines - Important Questions - Gokul Edition||GOKULAKRISHNAN R||1||3,464||
27-11-2013, 06:15 PM
Last Post: Srini