16-11-2013, 08:33 AM
Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
EE2451 Electric Energy Generation, Utilization and Conservation
Nov / Dec 2013 Examination
1. Give four sources of non conventional energy.
2. What are the advantages of MHD power generation?
3. Define Diversity factor?
4. Define load curve and load duration curve?
5. What is meant by candle power?
6. Define utilization factor?
7. Define space-height ratio
8. What are the properties of heating element material?
9. Classify the methods of electric heating
10. Compare DC welding and AC welding
11. What is meant by geothermal energy?
12. What is known as moderator?
13. Define Inverse Square Law
14. Define Solid angle.
15. Define MHCP.
16. State the advantages of electric heating.
17. Explain clearly pinch effect?
1.Draw the schematic diagram of a nuclear power station and discuss its operation.
2. Explain the various methods of tidal power generation
3. With neat sketch, explain the operation of hydro-electric plant. Discuss the merits and demerits of a hydro electric plant?
3.List and explain in detail methods of power factor improvement
4. Define and explain types of tariff
5. What is meant by energy conservation? Write in detail about energy audit
6. Explain with sketch the principle of working of a high pressure mercury vapour lamp and enumerate its advantages and disadvantages as source of light?
7. What is photometry?
8. Explain the method of working of a neon lamp with a neat sketch
9. Discuss various aspects of residential, street lighting system.
10. What are the types of Resistance heating? Describe the operation of them
11. Explain core type AJAX-WYATT induction furnace?
12. What are the types of ARC furnace? Describe the operation of them.
13. Explain the construction and working principle of dielectric heating.
14.Draw a layout for a thermal plant and explain the functions of each components of that plant.
15. Explain in detail MHD
16. Write a note on distributed generation
17. Explain the term depreciation and discuss various methods of calculating the depreciation of an electrical plant
18. What are load curves and load duration curves? Discuss their utility in the economics of generation
19. Explain with sketch the principle of working of a sodium vapour lamp and enumerate its advantages and disadvantages as source of light?
20. Explain the method of working of a Arc lamp with a neat sketch
21. State the Lambert’s cosine law of illumination
23. Explain coreless type induction furnace?
Solved Problems will be soon updated in V+...
Share your Study Materials with us : Click Here