Final Year Project

Every engineering students must do a final year project in their last semester.But what is a final year project really? And how to decide what and how to do ? I am not intrested in getting done at any centre. So please give your ideas in improving individual skills.
And is doing a project need a prototype or is it enough only a simulation ?
It is good if you explain with your projects so we can get some clear view.
nesan, proud to be in V+ Team.
@nesan The Major Problem of doing own Project : 
* As a B.E Student, we can do a project with a simple concept oly..
* Most of the lecturer won't appreciate your own work, they will simply reject your project by saying two words : Its Simple & its already exits...

But doing own project gives you more practical knowledge and experience... Engineering Concept can be understood only through practical knowledge..

If doing a own project, you need to start in the Third Year itself.. Since in final semester you won't get enough time finish the own project.. Most of the students do in the project center, also College lecturer also feel its easy doing in project center since they provide hardware , report , simulation, etc etc.. but if own project you need more time to do it...
So its perfect to start in 3rd year itself..

Note :
Before Starting your project in 3rd Year, Conduct your lecturer and confirm the project title, since the same project might be done by your seniors, or already exits.. Confirming a project title is little bit headache..:-)

Project need a working model and simulation.. Only simulation is not enough..

Idea for Own Project :
Its not required to find new things for doing project, you can also modify the existing projects... Find the drawbacks in existing project and solve it with your solution..

For Example : (My Project :-) )
Consider a Project "Developing a Multitasking Shopping Trolley" (Base Paper : Click Here )
In this Existing project Customer puts the product in the trolley and using RFID sensor product price is fetched and finally sends to the billing section, customer need to pay there.

Drawback : Since the customer need to pay in billing section, customer need to wait in queue to pay the bill

My Project :
I Modified this project, Added a Smart Card system to the trolley. So that customer can pay their bill in trolley itself..
Since i explained the drawback in existing system and my solution to it., my lecturer accepted this project..Smile
New Share your Study Materials with us : Click Here
@Srini helping one Thanks and congratz for your project.
nesan, proud to be in V+ Team.

Final Year Project