GATE - Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is an all India examination administered and conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science and seven Indian Institutes of Technology for Master degree courses of Engineering in top Engineering Colleges in India. So if you want to take admission in master programmes of these top engineering colleges and IISC you need to appear for gate exam 2014.
Paper Pattern :
There is just one paper in the GATE exam that has to be attempted within three hours time. It consists of total 65 questions which carry 100 marks.
Important Note :
It is important to note for all the aspirants of GATE 2013 that wrong answers carry negative marking.
Eligibility for GATE Exam 2014:-
- Bachelor's degree holders in Engineering/Technology/Architecture (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.
- Master's degree holders in any branch of Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.
- Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master's degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology or in the third or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master's degree programme and Dual Degree programme in Engineering/Technology.
- Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by IE(I), AMICE(I) by the Institute of Civil Engineers (India)-ICE(I)) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
Exam Zones Details :
GATE 2014 is conducted through the constitution of eight zones. The zones and the corresponding administrative institutes are:
Zone-1: Indian Institute of Science Bangalore
Zone-2: Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
Zone-3: Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
Zone-4: Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati
Zone-5: Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
Zone-6: Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
Zone-7: Indian Institute of Technology Madras
Zone-8: Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee
GATE 2014 is going to be conducted in 21 different streams which are 1) Civil Engineering,
2) Mechanical Engineering,
3) Chemical Engineering,
4) Electronics and Communications Engineering,
5) Aerospace Engineering,
6) Agricultural Engineering,
7) Computer Science and Engineering,
8) Electrical Engineering,
9) Pharmaceutical Sciences,
10) Instrumentation Engineering,
11) Architecture and Planning,
12) Geology and Geophysics,
14) Mining Engineering,
15) Metallurgical Engineering,
16) Production and Industrial Engineering,
17) Textile Engineering and Fiber Science,
20) Engineering Sciences and Life Science.
GATE 2014 Exam Dates/ Notification:
Exam Date and Online Application date will be Coming soon....
"Experience comes from Bad Decision"