ME2030 Composite Materials - Nov / Dec 2013 Important Questions

Anna University Logo

Anna University

Department of Mechanical Engineering

Seventh Semester

ME2030 Composite Materials 

(Regulation 2008)

Nov / Dec 2013 Exam Important Questions

1) What is mean by stress? Explain in detail with any one of the example case and give its formula

2) A displacement field in a body is given by 

Find the state of strain at (x,y,z)= (1,2,3)
3) Show the reduction of anisotropic material Stress-Strain equation to those of a monoclinic material
Stress-strain equation

4) Explain in detail strain energy and Elastic modules with neat examples

5) A glass epoxy lamina consists of a 70% fiber volume fraction. Use properties of glass and epoxy to determine the (i) Density of the lamina
(ii) Mass fraction of the glass and epoxy
(iii) Volume of composite lamina if the mass of the lamina is 4kg

6) Find the major and minor Poisson ratio of a glass/ Epoxy lamina with a 70% fiber volume fraction.Use the properties of glass and Epoxy and also in plane shear modulus by using strength of materials approach.
7) Find the compliance and stiffness matrix for a graphite-epoxy lamina. The material properties are given as

8) Find  the  co-efficient  of  thermal  expansion  for  a  glass-epoxy  lamina  with  70%  fiber  volume fraction.Use the properties of glass and epoxy.

9)Give short notes for the following
i.   Volume Fractions ii.   Mass fractions
iii.   Density
iv.   Void content

10) Find the longitudinal coefficient of moisture expansion for a glass/epoxy lamina with 70% fiber volume  fraction  use  the properties of  glass  and epoxy.  Assume  that the  glass  does  not  absorb moisture.

New Share your Study Materials with us : Click Here