Question Paper Code 91678
B.E./B.Tech. DEGREE EXAMINATION NOVEMBER / DECEMBER 2014.
ME :3212 / 080210012 - DYNAMICS OF MACHINERY
(Regulation : 2008)Time: Three hours
Maximum: 100 marks
Answer ALL questions.
PART A - (10 x 2 = 20 marks)
1. Draw the turning moment diagram of Ii single cylinder double acting steam
2. What is the function of a flywheel? How does it differ from that of a governor?
3. Explain briefly the terms 'static balancing' and dynamic balancing, State the necessary conditions to achieve them.
4. Explain why only a part of the unbalanced force due to reciprocating masses is balanced by revolving mass.
5. What are the causes and effects of vibrations?
6. Explain briefly the term dynamic magnifier'.
7. Write the effect of inertia of a shaft of the free torsional vibrations.
8. What IS stability of a governor? Sketch the controlling force versus radius diagrams for a stable unstable and isochronous governor.
8. State the different types of g-overnors. What is the difference between centrifugal and inertia type governors?
10. State the applications of' gyroscopic principles to aircraft.
Full Name :Arumugam.P
College Name :SNS COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY
Subject Code :ME3212
Subject Name : DYNAMICS OF MACHINERY
Study Material Description :QP
ME3212 DOM Nov Dec 2014 QP V+.pdf (Size: 225.05 KB / Downloads: 979)
aaru, proud to be a member of Vidyarthiplus.com (V+) - Online Students Community since Jan 2013.
|Possibly Related Threads...|
|ME3212 Dynamics Of Machinery Previous Year Question Papers||Srini||0||3,699||
05-11-2014, 08:34 PM
Last Post: Srini