15-06-2013, 09:39 AM
Portable apps are the apps which can be carried with you in portable device like USB Thumb drive or other devices.
How to create your own portable software using :
- VMware ThinApp (Already written on Feb,2013 )
Cameyo to create portable software
Cameyo is the first app virtualization product and available in 10 languages.
- Simplicity & Lightweight
- Great Performance
- Available on the Cloud
Let’s us see how to use in Offline:
1. Attachment the Cameyo software & open it
2. You need to create an account in Cameyo and log in to it.
3. Navigate to studio. Here you can see three options
- Capture app locally
- Capture app online
- Package editor
4. It will open a box prompting you to specify the software which you want to create portable. Click on browse button under Command and select the software-setup or Drag and drop the setup of the software. No need to fill in Parameters.
UAC settings will ask you to allow it, click on Yes.
5. Install the software. After the installation is finished click on OK.
Cameyo will start packing the software.
6. After the packaging is done, Cameyo will display the successfully packed message.
Note: I created portable version of Recuva software.
Steps to take the software Online:
1. To go online click on “Capture app online” in Studio and it will take you online. Log-in into your account.
2. You can upload the software into Cameyo’s cloud in two ways.
- You can give the link of the software from a website.
- You can upload the setup from you computer.
Click on Submit.
Note: You can upload the setup of size 30mb maximum.
3. Now your app will get
4. After the package is ready, you will get a mail and link to Attachment.
That’s it .