How to prepare for quantitative section in aptitude
Well the fact with most of our guys is, When we say a math problem, It looks like an allergy for us as if we guys and these math problems got 'broke up'!!
Its not the way how u ppl see it.. Its very easy to be frank
Here are few tips how to crack this section in aptitude round!!!
1. First and foremost, If a sum is given to u., do not have a blind assumption that it will be tough!!
A sum can not be tough.. It can be tricky..
There is obviously difference between 'Tough' and 'Tricky'
Rightly a quote flashes in my mind,'A problem will be always a problem if you see it as a 'Problem''
When u sit into a sum while solving, Have a good presence of mind and the confidence that u will be able to solve the problem.
2. do not lose hope when u are trying to solve the problem!!!
Just give a try.. Its always good to give a try.. if u had made a mistake then u know that this is not the way to solve the problem
My good role model Einstein comes in my mind.. He invented bulb as u all know.. before knowing that Argon is the gas, he tried with all gas samples. at the end of failure experiment he concludes that ' This gas is not used for glowing bulb'
This explains the confidence!!! always remember failure is the step stone to success!!!
3. When u are sitting to write aptitude round and solving sums. Please have a fresh mind!!! There must be nothing which must disturb u!!!
because with that mindset even an simple quatratic sum problem will look tough for u.. because ur brain is not giving an attempt to solve it..
To tell u an example with this regard!!! I have few examples which i have seen in my placement experience!!
* Always u know who is the big reason for u guys to make ur brain disturbed.. Its u and only u!!!
I have seen so many ppl reading formulas at the last minute.. why do we need all this?? All this will make ur mind confuse and disturb u literally at the time of aptitude round!!
So in this regard, I would suggest u guys not to touch book 1 hour before ur aptitude round!!!!
Try it.. It works See how calm n fresh ur mind will be!!!
* we always have some over active frds in our gang.. After they give the test they tell us this.. ' Dude/Machi surely this question is coming.. Please go through this problem..
What we do is, we break our head in last minute leading to stress and all bull shits which shoud not come during this time!!!!
So just be calm and simple!!! Do not bother what ppl tell.. U be calm!!!
4. More important of all- Time management!!!
This is one thing where all lack!!!
There are 2 ways how u lack in this:
# U might know to solve the sum but u take time to solve it...
My solution for this is practise well.. When u do the sum again n again surely time taken to solve the problem will get less.
also try helping ur frds.. By doing this, both u and ur frds will get satisfied.
# While sitting in aptitude round, u Might have got stuck with a tough question.. It drives u nuts and u could not finish sums on time..
Fr this my solution is, go through all sums when the question paper is given.. first finish of the easy sums and then go to those tricky sums.
Now will tell u how to prepare for aptitude:
1. Spend 1 hour a day.. Do not spend more than that. But make sure in that 1 hour u do not make ur mind float to any external thoughts.
2. take RS Agrawal book. First go through the formulas.. Just logically try to remember those formulas. U must know how the short cuts are derived rather than memorising!!!!
Always think logically! That will surely help u!!!
3. Try to solve the example questions there.. Even if u dono, No issues.. see how it is done and how the logic is explained.. Take some time in understanding the logic of the problem!!
4. After that go and solve the practise sums. Take how much ever time u want but come up with a solution That must be ur primary focus..
Once u are comfortable with time management skills!!!
If u follow this, Definitely u can clear any aptitude round
Credits to arun anna for sharing this with me...