02-07-2013, 06:32 PM
Group discussion (GD's) and some tips to crack it
Well firstly, If any company is having a round called 'GD' then it means that the company is going to recruit people with less numbers!!!
So u gotta know how serious it is..
All off campus ppl will definitely have this round since filteration will be high!!!!
So this is why i call this round as 'Fiteration Round'. because more than 50% of ppl will be removed in this round for sure.
The reason why they conduct this round?
1. To check your communication skills. Its the way how u present to them. that what really matters.
The interviewer will be very keenly focussing on ur communication and the way u present things.
2. How you handle to the situation / stress.
Everyone will be getting confused when u read this point, Well yeah they will really test u how u handle situations.
Let me give u an example:
lets take i am giving u guys a topic on ' Should IPL be really banned '.
I am sure all guys will definitely love this topic because they are cricket freeks like me supporting for CSK or any team..
But there are few girls who do not watch cricket too. They do not know even ABCD about cricket.
To those ppl who do not know about cricket: Its a good test for u.. Its how u gather the inputs from the ppl who speak!!!
Definitely its not tough for us.. We are engineering folks, if we know a single point we can write a question for 2 pages.
The same applies here Just try to grasp on what ur fellow frds know and try to put it in a still clear and awesome way!!!!
The topic which they gave might be tough. This is what u need to do!!!
There is always a solution for every task u do
3. Your focussing skills and level of attention u give:
This is also important when GD comes into picture. If a guy speaks and if you are leisure, The problem is only for u.
For example, Ur friend is speaking and u are simply sitting and looking at something or any cute girl or pretty guy who is sitting next to u and not listening.
If interviewer spots u and ask you to conclude on point which fellow guy / girl said and if u bluff. Sure u are rejected!!! and of course the girl / guy whom u stared will see u in different angle
Just said this an example
So be focussed and always be a keen observer n listener to what others say!!!
It can even give u a good topic to add on!!
Do not fear while speaking. I have seen ppl rubbing their hand due to fear and all!!
See them as ur fellow frienda and speak out with all happiness and make the interviewer get impressed!!
Because its ur life!!! Life is always temporary.. be the best in all
These are the main reasons why companies conduct GD. Definitely it will help in long term for the company!!!
Here are some tips to crack GD according to me:
1. Its always good to initiate a GD!! Generally when a topic is given, u will be given time to think on that topic and then speak. When interviewer asks u to start, U can initiate.
Its not a game so no competition for this post of introducing !!!!
This is the time where u need to hold ur temper!
2. GD is not a debate. Its very important u understand the difference between the two. So do not make it as a debate.
3. Have a good eye contact with all when u speak. I have seen this lacking with almost many. Either u speak to the person who spoke last or look at interviewer.
Please have a very good eye contact with all!!!
4. when u speak, do not get feared. Just control ur temper and speak out.
5. have a beautiful smile. This is the place where girls score!!! Attract the interviewer with that smile.. Secret weapon
6. You can give statistics! But do not tell statistics wrong n get caught!!
7. The person who is concluding, Just convey all what they said and present a total of what is done.
Though its a competition, prove that u are best as a team!!!
Only a concluder can make that happen and conclude it so that everyone is satisfied!!!
because its a 'Group' discussion
8. be unique and the best
These are all few which i wanna highlight!!!