28-07-2013, 01:24 PM
Vidyarthiplus (V+) - Indian Students Online Education Forum
Common Aptitude Test - 2013
CAT - 2013 Notification
- CAT 2013 will be held in a 20-days window between October 16 and November 11, 2013. It is a prerequisite for admission to various management post graduate programmes and fellow programmes of IIMs.
- CAT 2013 scores are restricted for admission to IIMs and non-IIM member institutions.
- A general category candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA, and 45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Differently Abled (DA)/Persons with Disability (PWD) category).
- In case the candidates are awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the conversion of grades/CGPA to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure certified by the university/ institution from where they have obtained the bachelor’s degree.
- Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply. If selected, such candidates will be allowed to join the programme provisionally, only if he/she submits a certificate latest by June 30, 2014 from the Principal/Registrar of his/her College/Institute stating that the candidate has completed all the requirements for obtaining the bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification on the date of the issue of the certificate.
The following percentage of seats will be reserved for the categories mentioned:
Category Reservation %
SC 15DA/PWD 3
CAT 2013 Vouchers :
Fees is INR 1600 for general and NC-OBC categories, while it is INR 800 for SC, ST, DA/PWD. More information on the sale of vouchers will be made available from 5 pm on 3 August, 2013.
Registration for CAT 2013 :
The registration will be open between August 5, 2013 and September 26, 2013. More details will be available from 5 pm on 3 August, 2013.
TEST CENTRES :
There will be 40 test cities in all. A detailed list will be available from 5 pm on 3 August, 2013.
CAT 2013 Score :
The results will be declared on 14 January, 2014, and will be valid till 31 December, 2014.
Admission Process :
Each of the IIMs may have their own selection criteria to shortlist students to the second round, where they may conduct two or more of Written Ability Test, Group Discussion and Personal Interview. Performance in CAT 2013 plays a crucial role in the admission process. Each institute may use previous academic record, work experience and other relevant information in varied proportions to rank students while shortlisting. More information on their criteria would be available on individual institute's website.
Somesh - V+ Team Junior Moderator - Want for other subjects also? CLICK HERE