Government's Scheme of Merit cum means based scholarship to students belonging to minority communities
This Scheme provides financial assistance to the poor and meritorious students belonging to minority communities to help them to pursue professional and technical courses at various recognized institutions across India.
These scholarships are available for studies in India only and will be awarded through an Agency designated by the State Government/UT Administration for this purpose.
- The course fee will be paid by the State Department directly to the institute concerned.
- Selection of these students will be done strictly based con competitive examination score (or) by the merit basis.
- Continuation of the scholarship in subsequent years will depend on successful completion of the course during the previous year.
- The annual income of the beneficiary/parent or guardian of beneficiary should not exceed Rs.2.50 lakh from all sources.
- The state department will advertise the scheme every year latest by 31st March and receive the application through the concerned institutions.
- After reviewing the applications, the state department will prepare a consolidated budget for all eligible students and send an application in the prescribed pro-forma for release of fund from the Ministry of Minority Affairs for distribution of scholarship giving the details of each students viz. name, permanent address, telephone number, annual course fee, name & address of institute, whether hostler or day-scholar, etc.
- The fund for distribution of scholarship in subsequent year will be released after receiving the utilization certificate for the previous year. Annual inspection by the officers of the Ministry or any other agencies designated by the Ministry will also be carried out.
- 30% scholarship will be reserved for girls of each minority community in a state which is transferable to male student of that community in case of non-availability of female candidate in that community in the concerned state.
- A student residing in a particular State/UT will be entitled for scholarship under the quota of that State/UT only irrespective of his place of study.
- The number of scholarship has been fixed state-wise on the basis of minority population of the states/UTs.To know the state wise allocation, Click Here