An algorithm is sequence of steps required to solve a problem.It is a well defined instructions to solve a problem. According to D.E. Knuth, a pioneer in the field of computer science, algorithm has the following characteristics.
- An algorithm ends after a fixed number of steps.
- Each step in an algorithm clearly specifies an action be performed.
- The steps in an algorithm basic operations.The operations include calculations, input/output and comparisons
- An algorithm accepts the input data before it can be processed.
- An algorithm should possess the keyword "STEP"
Step 1: Start the algorithm.
Step 2: Insert your ATM card.
Step 3: The ATM machine checks your card details.
Step 4: Enter the PIN number.
Step 5: The ATM machine validates the PIN number.
Step 6: Select the amount you want to withdraw.
Step 7: Collect your ATM card.
Step 8: The ATM machine counts your cash.
Step 9: Collect your amount from the ATM machine.
Step 10: Collect the statement from the ATM machine.
Step 11: Stop the algorithm.
An algorithm follows I-P-O cycle to solve the problem.Here the inputs are ATM card,PIN number, and amount number.
These inputs are accepted and the process of withdrawing takes place.Then, the amount, which is the output is generated.
Write an algorithm to troubleshoot "NO SOUND" problem.
One who post the nice algorithm with proper explanation such as what are all the inputs and outputs will get a repute.
Fear is a reaction,but courage is a destination