12-02-2012, 07:39 PM
Subject Code: CS2259
Subject: MICROPROCESSORS LABORATORY
1. On which model is based the basic architecture of a digital computer?
2. What is meant by distributed processing?
3. What is a microprocessor?
4. What is the technology used in microprocessor?
5. What are the 3 main units of a digital computer?
6. How microprocessor does communicate with the memory and I/O devices?
7. What is mnemonics?
8. What is machine language programming?
9. What is meant by assembly language programming?
10. What are meant by low level and high level language?
11. What is meant by word length of computer?
12. What is meant by instructions?
13. How many different instructions 8085 have?
14. What is an instruction set?
15. What an instruction consists of?
16. Give one example each of different types of instructions?
17. What language a microprocessor understands?
18. How an assembler translates programs written in mnemonics to binary?
19. What are the types of mnemonics possible?
20. What are source codes and object codes?
21. How are high level languages converted into binary?
22. Difference between a compiler and an interpreter?
23. What is a statement?
24. What are the names given to instructions written in high and low level languages?
25. What is the another name of a microprocessor?
26. What is a microcomputer?
27. What is a bus?
28. What are the different buses and what jobs they do in a microprocessor?
29. Why are the different buses buffered?
30. In how many ways computers are divided?
31. In how many ways computer soft wares are categorized?
32. Explain the two types of software?
33. What is an editor?
34. What is an OS and what are its functions?
35. What are the different types of assemblers used?
36. What is a linker?
37. What is a locator?
38. What is coprocessor?
39. What is a coprocessor trap?
40. What is a debugger?
41. In how many groups can the signals of 8085 be classified?
42. What is meant by the statement that 8085 is a 8 bit microprocessor?
43. What is the operating frequency of 8085?
44. What is the purpose of CLK signals of 8085?
45. What are the widths of data bus (DB) and address bus (AB) of 8085?
46. What is the distinguishing feature of DB and AB?
47. The address capability of 8085 is 64 KB.Explain?
48. Does 8085 have serial I/O control?
49. Mention the addressing modes of 8085?
50. What jobs ALU of 8085 can perform?
51. How many hardware interrupts 8085 supports?
52. How many I/O ports can 8085 access?
53. Why the lower byte address bus(A0-A7) and data bus (D0-D7) are multiplexed?
54. List the various registers of 8085?
55. Describe the accumulator register of 8085?
56. What are the temporary registers of 8085?
57. Describe the general purpose registers of 8085?
58. Which are sixteen bit registers of 8085?
59. Discuss PC and SP?
60. Describe the instruction register of 8085?
61. Describe the (status) flag register of 8085?
62. What is the function of ALE and how does it works?
63. Explain the functions of the two DMA signals HOLD and HLDA?
64. Discuss 3 states signals IO/M,S0,S1?
65. What happens when RESET IN(LOW) signal goes low?
66. Function of RESET OUT signal.
67. Indicate different machine cycles of 8085?
68. Name the special purpose registers?
69. Does ALU have any storage facility?
70. Explain XTHL,DAA,RC instructions.
71. What is the difference between JMP and CALL?
72. What happens when CALL instruction is executed?
73. Mention interrupts pins of 8085?
74. Explain maskable and non maskable interrupts?
75. Which is non maskable interrupt for 8085?
76. Do the interrupts of 8085 have priority?
77. What is meant by priority of interrupt?
78. Mention the types of interrupts that 8085 supports?
79. What is the software interrupts of 8085?
80. Explain the software instruction EI and DI?
81. Explain SIM and RIM instructions?
82. What is polling?
83. What is stack?
84. Why stack is used in program?
85. How the stack is initialized?
86. What the SP register does in a program?
87. Comment the size of stack?
88. What type of memory is the stack?
89. What are the software instructions related to stack operations?
90. What are the typical errors associated with using stack in a program?
91. What is a subroutine?
92. Why subroutine used in programs?
93. How subroutine can be called from the main program and how the program returns from the subroutine?
94. Byte wise what are the lengths of CALL and RET instructions?
95. Explain SPHL instruction?
96. Which are the different data transfer schemes?
97. Mention the types of programmed data transfer?
98. Explain DMA?
99. What is meant by address space? what is meant by address space partitioning?
100.Explain memory mapped I/O and I/O mapped I/O schemes?
Share your Study Materials with us : Click Here