16-11-2013, 09:48 PM
Department of Civil Engineering
CE2301 Irrigation Engineering
Part – A (2 marks)
1. Define tank irrigation.
2. What is drip irrigation?
3. Give the advantages of drip irrigation.
4. Give the difference between drip irrigation and sprinkler irrigation.
5. State the site conditions in which drip irrigation is recommended for adoption.
6. List the methods of lifting by man.
7. What is weir?
8. Distinguish between weir and barrage.
9. Mention the various alignments of canals.
10. Write the distribution system of canal irrigation.
11. Define diversion head work.
12. List the components of diversion head work.
13. What is a canal drop? Where is it employed?
14. What is a guide bank? Give the components of guide bank.
15. What is the function of canal regulator? Where is it provided?
16. Write the necessity of cross drainage work.
17. Give the function of silt extruder.
18. What is the function of fish ladder?
19. Write the difference between canal siphon and siphon aqueduct.
20. Mention the objectives of river training works.
Part – B (16 marks)
1. Explain the various lifting techniques used by man power with neat sketches.
2. Discuss about drip irrigation. Mention its merits and demerits.
3. Describe the components of a weir with neat sketch.
4. Discuss about the causes of failure of weir. What are the necessary precautions that should be taken to prevent the failure?
5. Explain the types of canal drops with neat sketches.
6. Explain the types of cross drainage works with diagrams.
7. Explain in detail the components of diversion head works.
8. Explain the different river training methods.
9. Write the procedure for the hydraulic design of canal drops.
10. What are the forces acting on a gravity dam? Explain with diagrams.
11. Explain the types of impounding structures.
12. Discuss the factors affecting the selection of type of dam.
Share your Study Materials with us : Click Here