26-11-2013, 07:12 PM
Department of Computer Science Engineering
GE2022 Total Quality Management
Nov / Dec 2013 Important Questions
(Common to Aero , Automobile , Civil , EIE , ICE , EEE , ECE , Mech , Biomedical , I.T, Petroleum , Plastic , F.T and Textile Engineering)
1. a) Describe the six basic concepts of TQM?
b) Explain the various dimensions of manufacturing & service quality with examples?
2. Elaborate the Deming’s philosophy over the quality and productivity improvement?
3. a) Explain the barriers to TQM implementation?
(b) Explain Juran’s principles of quality improvement?
4.a) Discuss TQM frame work and list the principles of TQM?
b) List the benefits of TQM?
5. a) Explain PDCA improvement cycle in detail?.
(b) Brief on employee empowerment?
6 a) Discuss procedure of strategic planning process?
b) What do you mean by customer satisfaction? Explain a customer satisfaction (Kano) model?
7. Explain the different approaches towards continuous improvement?
( PDSA cycle, 5’s, kaizen).
8. What is team & explain the functions & characteristics of a successful team?
9. a) List out the characteristics & habits of highly effective people?
b) Describe the quality statements with examples?
10. a) Describe the supplier rating & how will select a supplier?
b) Explain about the performance appraisal system?
11. Discuss the new seven tools in detail with their typical applications & examples?
12.a) Explain the six sigma (DMAIC) process,& concept of six sigma with example?
b) Discuss about Pareto diagram, Cause & effect diagram, Histogram, scatter diagram with examples?
13 Discuss the benchmarking process & list the advantages, applications?
14. Explain the different steps involved in FMEA with an example & types of FMEA?
15. a) Describe a QFD methodology with example?
b) Discuss the benefits of QFD?
16. a) Discuss about quality circles?
b) Explain the components of quality costs?
17. a)what are the goals of TPM & Explain the six losses and 8 pillars of TPM?
b)Explain the seven step plan to establish the TPM in an organization in detail?
18. Explain the concept of taguchi’s quality loss function in detail. Give an example ?
19.a) Discuss in detail the elements of ISO 14000. What are the Benefits of ISO 14000?
b)Explain how quality audit should be conducted?
20.a) Discuss the elements of ISO 9000: 2000 quality system?
b)Explain the requirements & benefits of environmental management system?
21. a) Explain the steps to be followed in implementing quality system ISO 9000: 2000?
b)What are the requirements of ISO 14000. Explain them briefly?
22. Discuss the implementation of TQM with a case study from the manufacturing Industry?
Share your Study Materials with us : Click Here