29-11-2013, 12:01 PM
Department of Computer Science Engineering
CS2255 Database Management Systems
Nov / Dec 2013 Important Questions
(Common to I.T)
1. Explain the components of DBMS.
2.Describe in detail the architecture of DBMS.
3.Describe the Evolution of database system. Explain the advantages of having centralized control of data
4.Write the difference between File Processing System and Database Management System
5.Explain File Processing System in detail.
6.Discuss about Objectives of Database Management System
1. Briefly explain the various data models.
2.Construct an ER diagram for hospital with a set of patients and a set of doctors.A log of various conducted test is associated with each patient.Also construct appropriate tables for each of the above ER diagram
3. Explain the various components of ER diagram
4. Explain Generalization and Specialization
5. Discuss in detail Conceptual Data Modeling
6. Discuss First,Second,Third Normal Forms
7. Define BCNF.How does it differ from 3NF?
1 .Explain SQL built-in functions
2. Explain the provisions in SQL to insert delete and modify tuples
3. Explain the two phase locking protocol and time stamp based protocols used for concurrency control
What is meant by concurrent execution of database transactions in a multi-user system? Discuss why concurrency control is needed.-
4.Explain Client-server architecture. What is the difference between centralized and client-server architectures?-
5. Explain File Server Architecture
1.Explain Homogenous and Heterogeneous Systems
2.Discuss Distributed Database
3.Explain how query is processed in distributed database
4.Explain the features of object oriented database
5.Discuss the concept of polymorphism/operator overloading
1.Explain what is knowledge base system?
2.Explain the difference between knowledge base and database management system.
3.Discuss visual databases in detail.
4.Mention the career scope for database professionals.
Share your Study Materials with us : Click Here