30-11-2013, 10:37 AM
Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
EE2204 Data Structures and Algorithms
(Common to E.I.E and I.C.E)
Important Questions :
1. Explain the following operations in a doubly linked list.
2. Discuss the algorithms for push and pop operations on a stack.
3. Write an algorithm to insert and delete a key in a circular queue.
4. What is a linked list? Explain with suitable program segments any four operations of a linked list.
5. Explain with a pseudo code how a linear queue could be converted into a circular queue.
6.What is a stack ADT? Write in detail about any three applications of stack.
1. Explain the operations on a binary search tree with suitable algorithms.
2. Give an algorithm to convert a general tree to binary tree
3. With an example, explain the algorithms of in order, pre order and post order traversals on a binary search tree
4. Construct an expression tree for the following expression (a + b*c)+(d*e + f)*g
5. Write routines to implement the basic binary search tree operations.
1. Discuss how to insert an element in an AVL tree. Explain with algorithm.
2. What is B-Tree? Explain its properties.
3. Describe the different hashing functions with an example.
4. What is an AVL tree? Explain the rotations of an AVL tree.
5.Explain the following in hashing :
- Folding method
- Division method
- Linear probing
7.What is meant by open addressing? Explain the collusion resolution strategies in detail.
1. Explain the breadth first search algorithm.
2. Write and explain the Prim’s algorithm with an example.
3. What is a strongly connected graph? Give an example.
4. Write the algorithm to compute lengths of shortest path.
5. Explain the depth first search algorithm.
6. Explain in detail the Dijkstra’s algorithm to solve the shortest path problem.
7.Write the procedures to perform the BFS and DFS search of a graph.
1. Find the optimal tour in the following traveling salesperson problem using dynamic programming.
2. Explain the method of solving N queens problem by back tracking.
3. Analyze the linear search algorithm with an example.
4. Explain how the travelling salesman problem can be solved using greedy algorithm.
5. With an example, explain backtracking.
6. Write detailed notes on NP-complete problems.
7. State the running time equation theorem of divide and conquer algorithms and prove it.
For Answers :
EE2204_DSA_ANSWERKEY.pdf (Size: 636.76 KB / Downloads: 741)
Share your Study Materials with us : Click Here