30-11-2013, 10:48 PM
Department of Computer Science Engineering
IT2351 Network Programming and Management
(Common to I.T)
UNIT - I
1. Explain in detail about the TCP/IP model with neat diagram.
2. Write the steps involved in connectionless iterative server and client and explain.
3. Describe the steps in connection oriented concurrent server.
4. Explain the functions used for byte ordering transformation.
5. Describe the IPv6 socket address structure.
UNIT - II
1. Write a TCP socket program to implement an Echo server/Echo client. (16)
2. Explain the following concept with suitable example. (16)
a) Select function
b) Shutdown function
c) Posix signal
3. Explain in detail about the various I/O models in Unix operating system. (16)
4. Explain in detail about
a) POSIX signal handling (08)
b) Boundary condition (08)
5. Explain the poll function with various events.
6. Mention the conditions under which a socket is ready for:
a) reading b) writing.
SOCKET OPTIONS, ELEMENTRY UDP SOCKETS
1. a) Write notes on RES_USE_INET6 resolver option in gethostbyname and gethostbyname2 functions. (08)
b) Discuss any four TCP socket option in detail. (08)
2. a) Discuss about IPv6 socket option and ICMPv6 socket options in detail with Suitable example. (08)
b) Write the similarities between UDP socket, TCP socket and raw socket. (08)
3. Briefly discuss about DNS with an example. (16)
4. Explain in detail about Generic Socket Options.
5. Explain in detail about IPV4 socket options.
6. Describe the recvfrom and sendto functions.
1. Explain in detail about IPv6 client, ipv4 server with neat diagram.
2. Explain in detail about threads.
3. Describe the IPv6 routing header with neat diagram.
4. Explain in detail about PING program with neat diagram.
5. Is it possible IPv6 client, IPv4 server running on a dual-stack host? Clarify.
6. What are source route options? Explain the functions that are useful for handling source route option using IPv4.
7. How will you change a socket from one type to another? Explain.
1. Explain in detail about SNMP group and its practical issue.
2. Describe briefly the remote network monitoring.
3. Mention the cryptographic algorithms involved in SNMPv3. Explain any one of them in detail.
4. What are MIBs? Explain any one of the standard MIBs.
5. Describe briefly about the architecture and applications of SNMPv3.
6. Explain the data types in UNIVERSAL class of ASN.1 for SNMP MIB
Share your Study Materials with us : Click Here