Department of Computer Science Engineering
CS2302 Computer Networks
(Common to Information Technology)
Nov / Dec 2013 Important Questions
1. Discuss in detail about HDLC.
2. Explain in detail the error detection and error corrections.
3. Explain the different approaches of framing in detail.
4. Discuss in detail about the layers of OSI model.
5. Write the Sliding Window Algorithm and explain it in detail.
6. Write in detail about the flow control mechanisms.
1. Explain Ethernet in detail.
2. Name the four basic network topologies and explain them giving all the relevant features.
3. Explain the functioning of wireless LAN in detail.(UQ)
4. Write in detail about Resilient Packet Ring.
5. Discuss the frame format of token ring in detail.
6. Write short notes on WI-Fi,Wi-Max.
1. Discuss in detail the various aspects of IPV6. (UQ)
2. What are the different approaches in Packet Switching.Explain them in detail.
3. Discuss the spanning tree algorithm in detail.
4. Discuss DHCP in detail.
5. Explain OSPF in detail.
6. Problems in subnetting.
1. Explain how QoS is provided through Integrated and Differentiated Services.
2. With neat architecture, explain TCP in detail.
3. Explain TCP Congestion control techniques in detail.
4. Discuss the different Queuing Discipline in detail.
5. With neat architecture, explain UDP in detail.
6. Explain the Congestion Avoidance techniques in detail.
1. Discuss SNMP and Telnet in detail.
2. Explain the SMTP and HTTP. Give their uses, state strengths and weaknesses.
3. Explain Email protocols in detail.
4. Explain the role of a DNS on a computer network.
5. Discuss FTP in detail.
Share your Study Materials with us : Click Here