03-12-2013, 09:05 PM
Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
EE2201 Measurements and Instrumentation
Nov / Dec 2013 Important Questions
1. The following 10 observations were recorded when measuring a voltage: 41.7, 42.0, 41.8, 42.0., 42.1, 41.9, 42.0, 41.9, 42.5, and 41.8 volts. Determine the mean , the standard deviation the parabola error of one study the probable error of mean and average.
2. With a neat block diagram explain the functional blocks of an instruments.
3. Describe the different types of static errors in a measurement systems
4.Describe all the elements of a generalized measurement system with an example of Bourdon tube pressure gauge.
5. Explain in detail Normal or Gaussian curve of errors and discuss the precision index
1. Explain the construction and operation of an analog ammeter with a net diagram
2. Describe the method for determination of B-H curve of a magnetic material using method of reversal
3. Describe the constructional details and working principle of the single phase induction type energy meter(16)
4. Describe the constructional details ,working principle and application of synchro Transformers
5. With the neat figures explain the construction, working principle of a three phase wattmeter . What is the importance of deflection torque in this analog instruments
1) Describe the construction and working of a co-ordinate type ac potentiometer. Also explain how it is standardized and how an unknown voltage can be measured suing this potentiometer(16)
2) Briefly discuss about (a )Self balancing bridges and (b)electrostatic and electromagnetic interference
3) Explain how wein bridge used for frequency measurement with neat circuit diagram.Also derive its suitable expression
4) Elaborate the maxwell’s inductance-capacitance bridge and give its advantages and disadvantages
5) Expalain the voltage sensitive self balancing bridge and derive the bridge sensitivity of voltage sensitive bridge with fundamentals
1. List the various components present in the magnetic tape recorder and explain the operation of it with a neat sketch
2. Describe the working principle of CRT display and Dot matrix display with necessary diagrams
3. Explain the principle of working of a X-Y recorder with neat functional diagram . also mention some applications
4. With neat figure explain the working principle of a digital storage oscilloscope. What are the advantages over analog CRO
5. Explain the construction and principle of working of a CRO.
1) Give an over view of various types of inductive transducers explaining their principle of operation with required sketches for each type.
2) Explain the principle of the following transducers (a) Thermistors and (b)LVDT (16)
3) What is data acquisition system? Give the block diagram arrangement of a data acquisition system and describe the function of each components
4) Describe the criteria for selection of transducers for a particular application
5) Explain the different principles of working of capacitive transducers.
Share your Study Materials with us : Click Here