03-12-2013, 11:57 PM
Department of Electronics and Instrumentation
(Common to I.C.E)
EI2201 Electrical Machines
Nov / Dec 2013 Important Questions
1.Explan with the help of neat diagram,construction and Principle of operation of DC Generator.
2.Discuss in detail about armature reaction and commutation.
3.Explan with the help of neat diagram, construction and Principle of operation of DC Motor.
4. Sketch and explain the speed-current, speed-torque and torque-current characteristics of a shunt motor, series motor and compound motor
5.Describe the speed control of DCshunt motor using Ward-Leonard system.List merits and Demerits.
1.Explain the construction and Principle of operation of Transformer.
2.Derive an expression for E.M.F equation of a single phase Transformer.
3.Derive the equivalent circuit parameters and thereby find the regulation and efficiency of transformer by performing OC and SC tests.
4.Draw and explain the phasor diagram of transformer under resistive load, inductive load and capacitive load.
5.What are the tests conducted to know the performance of a transformer?Explain with connection diagrams.
1.Explain the construction and principle of operation of Synchronous machine.
2.Derive the emf equation of synchronous machine.
3.Draw and explain the vector diagram , when the alternator is loaded with resistive,inductive and capacitive load.
4. Explain the various methods of starting of synchronous motors.
5.Discuss in detail the procedure of constructing V and inverted V curves
6.Explain the methods of speed control of synchronous motor.
1. Explain the construction and principle of operation of Induction machine.
2. Derive the torque equation and condition for maximum torque of induction motor.
3. Derive the equivalent circuit of induction motor.
4. Explain the various starting methods of induction motor.
5. Explain the speed control of induction motor.
1.Describe in detail double field revolving theory.
2.Explain the principle and operation of Repulsion type and Universal motor.
3.Draw the characteristics, principle and application of a capacitor start, capacitor run single phase induction motor.
4. Explain the principle and working of PMSM and SRM
5. Explain the principle and working of BLDC and Hysteresis motor.
Share your Study Materials with us : Click Here