06-12-2013, 06:48 PM
Department of Civil Engineering
CE2203 Construction Techniques, Equipment and Practice
Nov / Dec 2013 Important Questions
1. What are concrete chemicals? Explain in detail and discuss their uses.
2. Describe the dry process of cement manufacturing with neat diagram.
3. Explain any two types of Non-destructive testing of concrete.
4. Briefly explain the various types of cement, grades and their characteristics.
1. Describe the different types of Bonds in brick masonry with sketches.
2. Briefly explain with neat sketches about
(i) Concrete hollow block masonry (6)
(ii) Domes (4)
(iii) Sequence of construction activities. (6)
3. Explain the different types of joints in buildings with sketches.
4. Briefly explain different types of stone masonry in building construction.
1. Discuss briefly different types of coffer dams with neat sketches
2. Describe the procedure involved in Tunneling techniques.
3. Describe with neat sketch about the technique of pile driving
4. Explain the process of dewatering and the uses of stand by plant equipment for underground open excavation.
1. Discuss the process of in-situ prestressing in high rise structures.
2. Describe the procedure involved in the erection of braced domes and space decks.
3. What are the advantages of using belt conveyors for transporting materials? Describe the construction of a typical belt conveyor installation with sketches.
4. Briefly explain :
i) General requirements in launching girders.
ii) Shell roof structures.
1. Explain the factors governing the selection of equipment for earthwork.
2. Mention the various types of earthwork equipment’s. And also give their uses.
3. Discuss the role of tractors in earth moving. What considerations govern selection of wheel type or crawler type tractor on a job? compare the application of the two types of tractors.
4. Describe the working principle of diesel hammer and state its advantages and limitations.
Share your Study Materials with us : Click Here