06-12-2013, 07:08 PM
Department of Electronics and Instrumentation Engg
(Common to Instrumentation and Control Engg)
EI2203 Electronic Devices and Circuits
Nov / Dec 2013 Important Questions
1. With a neat graph, explain VI characteristics of PN junction diode
2. Explain the characteristics of Tunnel diode with a neat sketch
3. Explain the transistor operation and the collector characteristics?
4. Explain the operation of BJT as switch and Amplifier
5. Explain Voltage divider bias circuit of BJT in detail
1. Explain the construction and operation of n-channel and p-channel JFET.
2. Transfer Characteristic of JFET
3. With the help of suitable diagram explain the different kinds of MOSFET.
4. Draw the typical characteristics of DIAC. Explain the DIAC operation and sketch the two
5. Draw the typical characteristics of UJT. Explain the UJT operation and sketch the two circuit symbols.
1. What are h parameters? Explain.
2. What is a R-C coupled amplifier?
3. What are the types of power amplifiers?
4. List out the characteristics and applications of common emitter amplifier?
5. Write the operation of a push pull amplifier.
1. Explain the concept of negative feedback in amplifier. Derive the expressions for
voltage gain, input impedance and output impedance.
2.Draw the block diagram of a voltage series feedback amplifier and derive the equation for the input impedance, output impedance and the voltage gain.
3.Draw the block diagram of a current series feedback amplifier and derive the equation for the input impedance, output impedance and the voltage gain.
4.Draw the circuit of a Hartley oscillator and derived the condition for the frequency of oscillation.
5.With a neat diagram, explain the construction and working of BJT RC phase shift oscillator.
1.Draw the responses of high pass and low pass RC circuits to the step and pulse inputs.
2.With the help of circuit diagram and waveforms describe the operation of positive and negative clipper.
3.Describe the operation of biased clipper and combination clipper
4.Explain how UJT is used as a saw tooth oscillator with proper circuit and graphs.
5.Explain the half and full wave rectifier with its circuit diagram and characteristics.
Share your Study Materials with us : Click Here