06-12-2013, 08:39 PM
Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering
EC2205 Electronic Circuits - I
Nov / Dec 2013 Important Questions
1.Draw Self (Voltage divider) Bias and derive all the stability factors S , S" and S"'
2. explain methods used in biasing the FET and MOSFET with neat diagram
3.Derive the stability factor for voltage divider bias.
4(i) Discuss the various stabilization technique of Q-point in a transistor.
(ii) Discuss in detail about the various bias compensation techniques.
1.Draw a differential amplifier and its ac equivalent circuit. Derive for Ag and Ac.
2. Explain in detail about the Miller’s theorem
3. Compare CE , CB and CC transistor configurations
4. Discuss in detail methods of increasing input impedance using Darling-ton connection and Bootstrapping.
1.Determine the bandwidth of the amplifier shown in Figure
2 (i) Explain in detail about the calculation of overall upper and lower cutoff frequencies of multistage amplifiers.
(ii) Draw the high frequency equivalent circuit of FETs and analyze in detail.
3. Explain in detail with neat diagram frequency response of BJT amplifier. Discuss the significance of cut off frequencies and Bandwidth of the amplifier
1.Explain in detail about the transformer – coupled class-A audio power amplifier and analyse its efficiency.
2.A power transistor operated in class A operation delivers a maximum of 5W to a 4 ohms load with the supply voltage of 20 V. The quiescent operating point is adjusted for a symmetrical swing.
(i) Step down turns ratio.
(ii) Peak collector current.
(iii) Co-ordinates of quiescent operating point.
3. Draw the circuit diagram of class B push pull amplifier and discuss its merits.
4. Explain class D power amplifier with necessary sketches
1. How is regulation of output voltage obtained against line and load variation in SMPS ?
2. (i) Explain the working of FWR with π filter. Derive its ripple factor
(ii) Describe in detail about the voltage multipliers.
3.Draw and explain working of Halfwave rectifier circuit. In a half wave rectifier circuit, diode has an internal resistance 20 and 110 V rms source of supply. Calculate
(i) Efficiency of rectification.
(ii) Ripple factor.
(iii) Percentage regulation from no load to full load
4. Explain the working of FWR with CLC filter and derive for its ripple filter
Share your Study Materials with us : Click Here