06-12-2013, 09:43 PM
Department of Mechanical Engineering
(Common to Petroleum and Chemical Engineering)
ME2205 Electrical Drives and Control
1. Explain the factors governing the selection of motors.
2. Discuss in detail the determination of power rating of motors.
3. Write a brief note on classes of duty for an electric motor.
4. Draw the typical temperature rise-time curve and derive the equation for temperature rise in an electric drive.
5. Explain the four quadrant operation of motor applicable for hoist.
1.Explain the Speed-Torque characteristics of three phase induction motor with neat diagrams.
2. Explain about the speed-torque characteristics of a DC Shunt Motor with Suitable graphs and diagrams.
3. Explain the various methods of braking of induction motors.
4. Draw and explain various load characteristics of DC Shunt Motor.
5. Explain various methods of braking of DC Shunt and Series Motors with neat diagrams.
1. Draw a neat schematic diagram of a three point starter and explain its working.
2. Draw a neat schematic diagram of a four point starter and explain its working.
3. Explain with neat circuit diagram, the star-delta starter method of starting squirrel cage induction motor.
4. Explain the typical control circuits for DC Series and Shunt motors.
5. Explain with neat diagram the starting of three phase slip ring induction motor.
1. Discuss the Ward-Leonard speed control system with a neat circuit diagram. Also mention its advantages and disadvantages.
2. Explain how the speed of a DC Shunt Motor can be varied both above and below the rated speed at which it runs with full field current.
3. Explain the speed control schemes of DC Series Motor.
4. Explain the single phase half wave converter drive speed control for DC drive with waveforms.
5. Explain with neat sketch the chopper control method of speed control of DC motors.
1. Draw the power circuit arrangement of three phase variable frequency inverter for the speed control of three phase induction motor and explain its working.
2. Explain the V/f control method of AC drive with neat sketches.
3. Explain in detail rotor resistance method of speed control of a slip ring induction motor.
4. Explain in detail about Slip power recovery scheme.
5. Explain the different methods of speed control used in three phase induction motors.
6. Explain the working of following methods with neat circuit diagram. i) Kramer system ii) Scherbius system
Share your Study Materials with us : Click Here