08-12-2013, 03:19 PM
Department of Mechanical Engineering
(Common to Automobile Engineering)
ME2255 Electronics and Microprocessors
Nov / Dec 2013 Important Questions
1. (i) Draw and explain the circuit of a full wave rectifier.
(ii) Discuss about intrinsic and extrinsic semiconductors.
2. (i) What do you mean by zener effect? Explain the characteristics of zener diode.
(ii) Explain how zener diode is used as a voltage regulator.
3. Draw V/I characteristics of PN junction diode and explain the function of a full wave rectifier with a neat circuit diagram
4. Explain the working principle of zener voltage regulator with relevant diagram.
1. (i) Draw and explain the circuit of a Class B Pushpull power amplifier.
(ii) What do you mean by negative feedback? List the characteristics and advantages of a negative feedback amplifier.
2. Draw and explain the characteristic of a FET amplifier and discuss its merits and applications.
3. Draw the circuit of a FET amplifier and explain its operation.
4. Sketch the input and output characteristics of common emitter configuration and explain how these are obtained?
1. (i) Design a full adder.
(ii) Discuss the operation of RS flip flop and D flip flop.
2. Draw and explain the operation of A/D and D/A converters.
3. Design a full adder circuit with the aid of neat diagram and a truth table.
4. With the help of neat circuit diagram explain the function of a Ripple counter.
1. Sketch the architecture of 8085 and explain the modules in detail.
2. With examples, explain the data transfer instructions and arithmetic instructions of 8085.
3. With a neat sketch explain the architecture of the microprocessor 8085.
4. Explain the classification of instruction set of the microprocessor 8085.
1. Draw and explain the block diagram and operation of temperature controlling system with a microprocessor.
2. Draw and explain the block diagram and operation of Traffic light controller with a microprocessor.
3. Write short notes on keyboard interfacing.
4. Explain the operation of microprocessor based traffic light controller.
Share your Study Materials with us : Click Here