Common to all Departments
PH2161 Engineering Physics II
January 2014 Important Questions
1.Write classical free electron theory.
2. State and Prove Wiedemann- Frantz law.
3. Explain Schrodinger wave equation
4.Derive the expression for Planck’s theory of Black body radiation.
1.Discuss electrical conductivity of intrinsic semi-conductor.
2. Derive expression for carrier concentration of N- type semiconductor. 3. Derive an expression for the density of holes in the valence band of an P type semi conductor.
4. Explain the variation of Fermi-level with temperature in N-type and P-type semi conductors.
5. Discuss the variation of carrier concentration with temperature for N-type and P-type semiconductors.
1. What are diamagnetic and paramagnetic susceptibilities of material? Discuss the temperature variation of their susceptibility.
2. Derive an expression for the magnetic moment M of a paramagnetic solid on the basis of quantum theory.
3. Explain Ferro magnetism.
4. Draw and Explain B-H curve for a Ferro magnetic material and identify retentivity and coercitive field on the curve.
6. Explain medical application of superconductors 5. Explain Magnetic levitation
1. Explain the types of polarization in dielectric material
2.Write about clausius Mosotti equation
3. Write about dielectric loss and breakdown mechanism of dielectric materials
1. How are metallic glasses prepared? Explain how the melt spinner device can be used to produce metallic glasses.
2. What is meant by SMA and Explain the working.
3. write the characteristics and applications of shape memory alloys.
4. Explain properties and applications of carbon nano tubes.
nesan, proud to be in V+ Team.