ELENTRUS14 PANIMALAR ENGINEERING COLLEGE
Department Electronics & Instrumentation Held On February 01,2014
Department of EIE, Panimalar Engineering College proudly presents a National Level Technical Symposium ELENTRUS’14 on February 1 st ,2014. Here is an opportunity for you to unveil the techie in you. Come and participate in events like Paper Presentation, Project Display, Technical Quiz, Circuit Debugging,Roborace, Minute to Win It and ISA Seminar. Win exciting prizes.
1. Students should bring their college id-card.
2. Registration for events is through online only.
3. A student can participate in maximum of only two events.
4. Students are advised to wear only formal dress.
5. Selected students will be intimated through e-mail.
6. Only the selected students are allowed to participate in the corresponding event.
7. Student from remote areas should arrange their accommodation by themselves. No accommodation for students will be provided.
8. Students can use our college bus to participate in the symposium.
9. Lunch will be provided at 12:30 p.m. Events end at 2:00 pm.
10. You can board back to your home using our college bus at 3:00 pm.
• Maximum two members per paper (can be from same or different institution).
• IEEE format should be strictly followed.
• The following details must be sent along with the paper.
1. The mail subject should be the topic of the paper.
2. Name of the participants.
3. College, department and year of study.
4. Contact details – Mobile No. and Email-id.
• Send your full paper to the mail mentioned below
• Last Date for submission : 20-01-2014
• Selected papers will be intimated on: 21-01-2014.
• Selected participants are requested to bring 2 hard copies of the paper and a soft copy of the presentation in .ppt or .pptx format in CD/DVD.
• Presentation time will be 10 + 5 minutes.
• Participants must carry their valid Id card and a Bona- fide certificate from their institution.
• Decision of the judges will be final.
• Change of any author after selection is not permitted.
• Authors are invited to submit their papers on all aspects of Instrumentation including but not limited to the
following technical areas:
• Neuro Fuzzy Control
• Fault detection and diagnosis
• PID controller and tuning
• PLC DCS & SCADA
• Advanced Control System
• Embedded Control
• Control & Optimization
• Aircraft Instrumentation
• Virtual Instrumentation
• Biomedical Instrumentation
• MEMS, NEMS & Nanotechnology.
Task : Teams must design a BOT that navigates the arena in minimum possible time by avoiding various obstacles.
1. The Bot size should be of dimension 25*25*25 cm.
(Tolerance of +/_3 cm is permitted)
2. BOT should not damage the arena.
3. BOT should go through all the obstacles and reach the
4. Maximum of 12 volt potential drop and 350rpm on any point on the BOT.
5. Battery can be On Board or Off Board.
6. BOT can be wired or wireless.
• If wired,Wires should be more than 3 to 4 metres.
• If wireless,At least two different frequencies should be brought.
7. Pit stop is allowed with a penalty.
8. Guidelines mentioned are subjected to change.
9. Judge's decision will be considered final.
10. Organizers are not responsible for damage of BOT on track obstacles.
11. Any Technical Snag during the race will not be considered.
12. Maximum of three members are allowed in a team(same or different institution). CIRCUIT DEBUGGING Each team will consist of 2 members. No Calculators are permitted. All the teams will face the following rounds. ROUND 1: THINK IT!
• A set of 35 questions have to be solved within 25 minutes. • The top 15 Batches qualify for the next round.
ROUND 2: FACE IT!
• Each team will face a computerized test.
• Four teams with the maximum score will proceed to the final round. ROUND 3: SOLVE IT!
• Circuits will be provided to each team, which they are expected to identify and solve the misplaced component.
• The winner is decided upon the time consumed and points earned.
• Two points will be awarded for a correct answer and
one point will be deducted for a wrong answer.
• The decision of the Judges would be final.
1. Maximum 3 Members per team.Participants from different colleges or departments can form a team.
2. The project should be related only to Core Engineering of Electronics and Instrumentation.
3.For screening purpose, participants should mail their abstracts to mail id email@example.com.
4.Short listed teams who qualify in the screening round based on judging of the abstracts will be informed by mail on 21 January 2014.
5.Participants should mail their abstracts preferably in '.doc' or '.pdf' format.
6. The first sheet should only contain title of the project, name of the team leader, names of the team members, departments and their respective institutes.
7. Projects should be hardware kit and not simulations.
8. The display includes the chart explaining briefly the project and hardware kit.
9. The organizers reserve all rights to change any or all of the above rules as they deem fit. All changes will be highlighted on the website and registered participants shall be informed by email.
10. The decision of the judges and the organizers will be final and binding.
The quiz will have two stages:
• Each team can have maximum of 2 members.
• Prelims is a computerized round.
• Each team will be given a question paper that contains 30 questions.
• Questions will be of multiple choice type.
• Time alloted for this round is 30 min.
• The top 6 teams will be selected for finals.
• The judges decision will be the final. 30 teams (2 each) 6 finalists 30 questions-30 minutes
• All rounds in the finals are oral rounds.
• The finalists will be fired with questions from all genres of EIE.
• They must tell the correct answer with valid concrete reasons.
• Top 2 teams are winners.
• Judges decision will be the final. Round1(Pictioneer)-
• 6 questions (1 question per team)(30 seconds on direct question and 10 seconds on pass) • Team with least points gets eliminated
• 5 questions(1 question per team)(30 seconds on direct question and 10 seconds on pass)
• Team with least points gets eliminated
Team with least points gets eliminated .
• Rapid fire round(Teams choose topics)
• Tie Breaker if required
• Team with least points gets eliminated
• 2 winners after finals
* Mobile phones are not allowed. Participants must turn off their mobile phones during the event.
MINUTE TO WIN IT
1.Only 2 participants per team are allowed.
2.Online registration is mandatory. Spot registration will not be entertained.
3. Mobile phone must be switched off during the event.
4. The participants will be facing the following rounds Round1: Look for it!!
• This round will test the speed and observing skills of the participants. The top teams will advance to the next round. Round2: Time up!
• All the selected teams will be playing a series of games from which top 3 teams will move to final round. Round3: Toughen up!
• The participants will be facing series of tough one minute challenges from which the winner and runner up will be chosen.
1. Participation preference will be given to ISA Members.
2. Only limited seats.
3. ISA Members are requested to bring their membership cards.
Date of Event: 1/02/2014
Important Dates: 20/01/2014- LAST DATE
TO SUBMIT PAPERS,PROJECT AND TO
REGISTER FOR ALL EVENTS
Contact Details: Students coordinator- Manoj
For More Details : http://elentrus145.webnode.com/
"It is very easy to defeat someone, But It's very hard to win someone" - Dr.A.P.J.Abdul Kalam