Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
EE2032 High Voltage Direct Current Transmission
Most Important Questions - V+ Edition
QR Code :
HVDC IMP.pdf (Size: 479.58 KB / Downloads: 1,426)
1. (a)Explain why the Graetz circuit is considered to be the best circuit for a six pulse converter.
(b)Describe the rectifier characteristics of a six pulse converter bridge.
2. (a)State the assumptions made in the simplified analysis of Graetz circuit.
(b)Explain the analysis of two valve and three valve conduction modes of Graetz circuit.
3.(a)Discuss about the selection of converters for any HVDC system.
(b)Draw and explain the characteristics of 12 pulse converter
4. Explain in detail about the rectifier and inverter compounding with appropriate diagrams and expressions.
5. With necessary sketches describe the constant current and constant extinction angle control schemes used in HVDC systems.
6. Why regulation is required in any HVDC system? Discuss in detail about the inverter side current regulators used in HVDC systems.
7. Explain the characteristic and non characteristic harmonics generated by HVDC converters. Discuss the methods of eliminating them.
8. Explain the performance indices for the design of AC filters and describe the procedure for the design of minimum cost ,single tuned & high pass filters.
9. Explain the modeling of HVDC systems for digital dynamic simulation.
10.(a) Explain the configuration, major advantages and drawbacks of a parity simulator for HVDC system simulation.
(b)Draw the physical model of a HVDC simulator and highlight the problems that can be studied using it.
11. (a) Give the dielectric stress consideration of cables.
(b) Economics of DC cables compared with AC cables.
12. Discuss the modern trends in DC transmission. Also describe the steps involved in planning the HVDC transmission system.
13.(a) State and explain the classification of HVDC links. Compare their merits & demerits.
(b) Compare AC and DC transmission system.
14. Explain (a)Transmission characteristics with the rectifier and inverter compounding
(b) Transformer tap changing
Share your Study Materials with us : Click Here