Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
EE2036 Flexible AC Transmission Systems
April / May 2014 Important Questions
QR Code :
EE2036 FACTS APRIL IMP 2014.pdf (Size: 308.11 KB / Downloads: 1,417)
1. Explain the basic concepts of shunt and series compensation in detail. Also comment about the effect of degree of compensation on the system with a Neat sketch.
2. Explain the overview of FACTS devices
3. Discuss the advantage of the Slope in SVC dynamic characteristics in detail.
4. Discuss the method of improving transient stability and power transfer Capacity of SVC.
5. Explain the different modes of operation and characteristics of TCSC
6. Explain the variable reactance model of TCSC
7. Discuss the role of TCSC in the enhancement of system damping.
8. Explain the basic construction, principle of operation and VI characteristics of STATCOM
9. Explain the Different modes of UPFC and its application.
10. Explain in detail about different control interactions.
11. Discuss the co-ordination of multiple FACTS controllers using linear Control technique for power flow control applications.
Share your Study Materials with us : Click Here