Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
EE2028 Power Quality
Important Questions (April May 2014 Edition)
QR Code :
EE2028 Power Quality IMP.pdf (Size: 358.85 KB / Downloads: 624)
UNIT – I
• Explain the following terms: Voltage Sag, Voltage Swell, Under Voltage, Over Voltage, Transients, Interruptions, Voltage Fluctuation, Power Frequency Variations
• Explain Distortion and types.
• Write short notes on CBEMA.
UNIT – II
• Explain the Sources of Over voltages and Interruptions.
• Estimate the Voltage sag performance.
• Explain the voltage sag due to induction motor starting.
• Estimate the Voltage severity and mitigation of voltage sags.
• Explain Static transfer switches and fast transfer switches.
UNIT – III
• Explain the sources of Over Voltages.
• Explain Capacitor switching, Lightning, Ferro resonance
• Explain Surge Arresters.
• Explain the protection of transformer and cable.s
• Write short notes on PSCAD, EMTP
UNIT – IV
• Explain the harmonic sources from industrial and commercial loads.
• Explain the power system response characteristics.
• Explain the devices for controlling harmonic distortion.
• Write short notes on : IEEE, IEC
UNIT – V
• What are the monitoring considerations.
• Explain the various power quality problems.
• Explain quality measurement equipments
• What are the applications of expert systems for power monitoring
Share your Study Materials with us : Click Here