18-05-2012, 11:43 AM
LINEAR INTEGRATED CIRCUITS 2012 Important Questions
Subject code :147404
Subject Name : LINEAR INTEGRATED CIRCUITS
1.Draw and explain the circuit of a BJT differential Amplifier and the differential amplifier with current source as active loads.
2. Describe in detail the processing steps involved in the fabrication of monolithic IC.
3. Explain the A.C characteristics of an Op-amp.
4. What is a Current Mirror? Discuss in detail the Widlar Current Source.
5. Explain the stability criterian of an OpAmp circuit
1.Explain the Operation of an Instrumentation Amplifier.
2.Explain the working of Logarithmic and Antilogarithmic amplifier
3.Obtain the expression for the gain of an Instrumentation Amplifier and mention its significance.
4.Explain in detail the working of a Schmitt Trigger. Also draw its input and Output waveforms
1.Draw the functional block schematic of a NE565 PLL and explain the roles of the low pass filter and VCO
2.explain the operation of 566 voltage controlled oscillator. Also derive an expression for the frequency of the output waveform generated. With neat diagram
3.With a circuit diagram explain the working of a Gilbert Multiplier Cell. Explain how a frequency doubler can be implemented using this cell.
4.Draw the block diagram of PLL and derive the expression for its closed loop transfer function.
1. Describe the operation of dual slope and successive approximation type ADC
2. Discuss the operation of sample and hold circuit with circuit diagram
3. Explain voltage mode and current mode operations of R-2R ladder type DAC.
4. Explain the working of a S & H circuit and write notes on analog circuits
1.Describe the working of IC723 voltage regulator and explain them in detail
2.Explain the Monostable mode of operation of IC555 and also explain any one of its application
3.Explain Switched Mode Power Supply and operation of Switching Regulator in detail.
4.An IC555 Timer is configured in Astable mode with RA=2 K Ohm and RB= 4 K Ohm and C = 0.1 micro farad. Determine the frequency of the output and the Duty Cycle