B.E .(CIVIL) OR EEE WILL BE THE BEST BETS, SAYS CAREER ANALYSTS

Huge turnout of students and parents for ‘The Hindu Education Plus' Fair in Madurai

Well-known career consultant and analyst Jayaprakash A.Gandhi urged the students to opt for Civil Engineering in view of the huge potential and promising jobs in the next few years.

Based on a scientific analysis and placement statistics, he asserted that four branches of engineering will have ‘distinct advantage' in the order of Civil, EEE, Computer Science and IT.

Mr. Gandhi made a comprehensive presentation on what would be the trends like in this year's engineering admission counselling of Anna University (which will commence in July) at ‘The Hindu Education Plus' Career Counselling Fair 2012 held here on Saturday .

“What I speak is like reality bites. Don't get carried away by what people say because you have to take a right career decision after completing Plus Two. I can confidently say through my analysis that this year you should go for B.E. (Civil) which will have promising jobs in the year 2015,” he said.

According to him, Civil Engineering will be better than mechanical and taking EEE will be better than going for ECE. Giving a general view about which branch the students should choose, the career analyst had told them not to live in a fantasy and not to get carried away by wrong advice.

Mr. Gandhi asked the parents also to follow the order of preference suggested by him by admitting their children in either B.E. Civil or EEE or computer science or IT.

Another advice given by him was that the parents or students should not think that only students of engineering colleges in cities will have exposure and that others will not have it.

“College buildings and location are not important for companies recruiting students. There are good colleges across the State and you have to do some homework to locate them,” he said.
Looking at the future

Emphasising and reiterating that the four branches suggested by him will turn out to be the best options, the career analyst informed that a student has to choose a career by looking at the future prospects and not based on past data.

“A couple of years back, I had recommended ECE in my presentations. But, that is reaching a saturation point whereas electronics and civil are going to have a boom in coming years. The Government spending in the fields of infrastructure and electronics is set to rise and a huge boom in civil and electronics is certain,” Mr. Gandhi said.

Source : 'http://www.thehindu.com/education/issues/article3437044.ece'
"HINDU NEWSPAPER DATED 20/05/2012 (SUNDAY) UNDER NATIONAL NEWS"

B.E .(CIVIL) OR EEE WILL BE THE BEST BETS, SAYS CAREER ANALYSTS