Anna University , Chennai
Full Name :karthick
Semester :5 sem
Subject Code :ce2301
Subject Name :irrigation engineering
Study Material Description :
it as a irrigation engineering 1 unit notes
DEFINITION OF IRRIGATION
• Irrigation is an artificial application of water to the soil.
• It is usually used to assist the growing of crops in dry areas
and during periods of inadequate rainfall.
Need of the Irrigation:
• India is basically an agricultural country, and all its resources
depend on the agricultural
• Water is evidently the most vital element in the plant life.
• Water is normally supplied to the plants by nature through
• However, the total rainfall in a particular area may be either
insufficient, or ill-timed.
• Systematic irrigation system – Collecting water during the
period of excess rainfall & releasing it to the crop when it is
Irrigation Unit-1.pdf (Size: 528.92 KB / Downloads: 1,155)