Full Name : Jose Mathew
Get Job Ready - Master Employability & Interview Skills
Why Am I Not Getting The Right Job?
This is the question that many of you have on top of your mind. You have been trying for a job in line with your qualification but the dream job has been eluding you so far. Read on to understand what employers are looking for & what you can do to change your future…..
The Job Skills Employers Look For
Employers are looking for skills that go beyond Academic qualifications &/or work experience to select potential employees.
While education and experience may make you eligible to apply for the job, to be successful in the job interview & later succeed in the job, you need to exhibit the right mix of essential skills named ‘Employability Skills’.
What are Employability Skills?
Employability skills are those skills necessary for getting, keeping and being successful in a job.
They are the skills and attitudes that enable you to get along with your colleagues, to make critical decisions, solve problems, develop respect and ultimately become strong ambassadors for the organisation. Employability skills are the foundation of your career building blocks but unfortunately found badly lacking in most school-leavers, graduates and even in those already in employment and one of the major reasons for people not getting employed.
Major Employability Skills
· Communication Skills (communicate effectively both verbally and in writing)
· Presentation Skills (Presenting information clearly and effectively)
· Team Work (Work effectively in a group or team to achieve goals)
· Interpersonal Skills (working with colleagues & others)
· Listening (effective listening)
· IT Skills (Effectively use computers and technology)
· Self-Management (Personal Motivation, Organisation and Time Management)
· Personal Development (right attitude, learning & development)
· Critical Thinking Skills (ability to solve problems and make decisions)
· Leadership (ability to influence others toward the achievement of goals)
· Numeracy (Number Skills - understanding of numerical data, statistics and graphs)
· Analytical Skills (Gather, interpret and analyse information)
Prospective Employers always look for Potential Winners & would be looking at your potential as opposed to your experience. Those who can demonstrate the right mix of skills during the job interview & their potential to succeed in the job, stand the highest chance of getting the job.
Your success in the job interview is dependent mainly on two key factors:
1. The skills & potential you demonstrate during the interview
2. The level of preparation to face the interview
If you are well prepared with “Interview Facing Skills”, the chances of your getting selected during the interview would be very high.
Employability Skills & Interview Skills_Ver 1.0.pptx (Size: 2.77 MB / Downloads: 106)