18-09-2014, 11:15 AM
STANDARD TEMPLATE LIBRARY
(STL)• STL is Standard Template Library, a collection of generic software component (generic containers) and generic algorithms, glued by objects called Iterators.
• STL is a different type of library.
• It has quite a large number of non member functions designed to work on multiple classes of container types.
• Many useful algorithms like find(), replace(), merge(), sort() are implemented in STL
• Being non member function they can be used with any container even a newly designed one and feasible to implement all operations in most efficient manner.
Generic programming :
It is a mechanism of designing generic software components like Vector, list, deque and so on.
Unlike normal programming practice, Generic algorithms are not designed having any software component in mind.
Can work with many variants of different software components.
The software components (containers) and algorithms are connected to each other by Iterators.
* An STL container is an object that manages a collection of elements.
* These containers are classes which can in turn contain other objects.
* STL provides tested and debugged software components available readily.
* They are reusable in the sense that we can use them as a building block for any other software development projects.
STANDARD TEMPLATE LIBRARY.pdf (Size: 542.01 KB / Downloads: 70)
Share your Study Materials with us : Click Here