Question Paper Code: 532191
BE. / B.Tech. DEGREE EXAMINATION,MAY/JUNE 2014.
Electrical and Electronics Engineering
CE 1161 - FLUID AND SOLID MECHANICS
(Common to Third Semester - Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering and Instrumentation and Control Engineering)
(Regulation 2004)Time: Three hours
Maximum: 100 marks
Answer ALL questions.
PART A - (10 x 2 = 20 marks)
1. State "Hooke's Law".
2. State the Relationship between young's modulus, modulus or rigidity and bulk modulus.
3. A solid steel shaft hasto transmit 75 kW power at 200 rpm. Determine the torque induced in the shaft.
4. What do you mean by stiffness of the spring and write its unit in SI System?
5. Define Newtonian and non-Newtonian fluids.
6. Mention the significance of Reynold's number.
7. What are the different types of manometers?
8. How will you estimate the major losses in pipe flows?
9. What is the function of a Governor in a turbine?
10. What is an indicator diagram? Why is it developed
Full Name :Arumugam.P
College Name :SNS Collge Of Technology
Subject Code :CE 1161
Subject Name :Fluid and Solid Mechanics
Study Material Description :QP
FSM MJ2014.pdf (Size: 2.05 MB / Downloads: 125)
aaru, proud to be a member of Vidyarthiplus.com (V+) - Online Students Community since Jan 2013.