B.E / B.Tech. DEGREE EXAMINATION MAY/JUNE 2014.
Electrical and Electronics Engineering :
EC 1311-- COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING
(Common to Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering and Instrumentation and Control Engineering)
(Regulation 2004/2007)Time: Three hours
Maximum: 100 marks
Answer All questions.
PART A (10 x 2 = 20 marks)
1. Draw the time and frequency domain representation of AM wave.
2. An AM broadcast station transmits 2KW if carries power and uses an index of modulation of 0.7. Calculate power of each sideband and Total sideband power.
3. For a transmission line with incident voltage Ei = 5v and reflected voltage Er = 3v . Determine reflection coefficient and SWR.
4. State the significance of maximum usable frequency,
5. What is constellation diagram and how is it used with PSK?
6. Enumerate the'merits and demerits of PCM.
7. Mention the function of Network and Transport layer.
8. List the features of ISDN.
9. For a total transmit power P of 1000W. Determine the energy per bit Eb, for transmission rate of 50Mbps.
10. Define Numerical aperture.
Full Name :Arumugam.P
College Name :SNS College Of Technology
Subject Code : EC1311
Subject Name :Communication Engineering
Study Material Description :QP
CE MJ2014.pdf (Size: 1.32 MB / Downloads: 171)
aaru, proud to be a member of Vidyarthiplus.com (V+) - Online Students Community since Jan 2013.