Solapur University Question Paper
Branch - Mechanical Engineering
Year – Fourth Year
Semester – VIII
Name of Subject - Refrigeration And Air Conditioning
Type - Question paper – Original Version
Year of Question paper – 2010
B.E. (Mech.) (part - U) Examination, 2010
REFRIGERATION AND AIR CONDITIONING
Day and Date: Friday, 26-11-2010
Time : 3.00 p.m. to 6.00 p.m.
Total Marks : 100
Instructions: 1) Attempt any three questions from each Section.
2) Figures to the right indicate marks.
3) Neat diagrams must be drawn wherever necessary.
4) Make suitable assumptions if required and state them clearly giving reasons.
5) Use of steam label, refrigerant property tables charts, non-programmable calculator is allowed.
SECTION - I
1. a) Draw a schematic diagram of a cascade system of refrigeration and explain with the help of p-h diagram.
b) Enumerate the various methods of air refrigeration system and explain any one of them with neat sketch.
2. a) Explain the effects of suction superheating and liquid subcooling on the performance of V.C.C. with the help of P-H chart.
b) A refrigerating machine (8 TR capacity) works on ideal Bell-Coleman cycle.
The pressure of air entering the compressor is 1 bar and corresponding temperature is 20°C. The highest pressure reached in the cycle is 6 bar. The air after compression gets cooled to 40°C before entering in expansion cylinder.
Assuming expansion and compression to be adiabatic (K = 1.4), calculate :
i) COP of cycle
ii) Mass flow rate of refrigerant
iii) Power required
iv) Piston displacement of compressor
v) Bore and stroke of compressor cylinder if compressor used is double acting and runs at 300 rpm
For Full Question Paper, Attachment the Attachment :
Refrigeration And Air Conditioning - Nov.2010.pdf (Size: 153.08 KB / Downloads: 64)
"Literary education is of no value, if it is not able to build up a sound character"