University: Anna University Chennai
Department: Electronics and communication engineering
Subject code: EC2305
Subject name: Transmission lines and wave guides
description : Nov/Dec 2008 Question paper.
B.E./B.Tech DEGREE EXAMINATION, NOV/DEC 2008
Electronics and Communication engineering
EC2305-Transmission lines and Waveguides
1. Briefly discuss the different between wavelength and period of sine wave.
2. Find the attenuation and phase shift constant of a wave propagating along the line whose propagation constant is 1.048 × 10ˉ⁴ 88.8⁰.
3. Give the minimum and maximum value of SWR and reflection coefficient.
4. Why is quarter wave line called as copper insulator?
5. Enumerate the properties of TEM waves between parallel planes of perfect conductors.
6. Plot the frequency versus attenuation characteristics curve of TM and TE waves guided between parallel conducting plates.
7. How is the TE₁₀ mode launched or initiated in rectangular wave guide using an open ended coaxial cable?
8. Calculate the cutoff frequency of a rectangular wave guide whose inner dimension are a=2.5cm and b=1.5cm from operating at TE₁₀ mode.
9. Why is the Bessel function of the second kind (Neumann’s function) not applicable for the field analysis inside the circular wave guide?
10.Distinguish between wave guides and cavity resonator.
Attachment Here !!
EC2305 TLW Nov-Dec 2008.pdf (Size: 251.74 KB / Downloads: 1,359)
The riskiest thing is to take no risks, Move fast and break things.